Recent content by ritsco

1. ritsco

Took the car in because of a scrubbing / brushing sound from the engine

MOPOWER, curious, but did you eventually find out what was causing this noise?
  2. ritsco

A "What's it Worth" Thread

Thanks for all the input. Well, we only have three cars and we will be going down to two. I can't argue with that, as we have a place overseas and have a car there too. Lots of things to do, and keeping three cars here in the states (parked half of the time) isn't one of them. As for used...
  3. ritsco

VW dealer said I could be looking at $13,000, maybe more. A private dealer floated a slightly higher number, so that made me ask the question. It will be a little more than a month or so before I am ready to let her go, but I don't want to put her up for to much $$ and conversely, to little $$.
  4. ritsco

OK, I am retiring at the end of this year. My wife said we can't keep 3 cars, so one has got to go. Bottom line is that she loves her SUV and she isn't budging. I love my 1984 M1009 Diesel Blazer and I am not budging. I don't feel like sleeping on the couch and she did make some other great...
  5. ritsco

Connecticut TDI owners roll call

Just an update on getting my wheel fixed. Took it to The Wheel Shop in Windsor locks. They fixed it in less than 4 hours. It was seriously bent, but they did a great job fixing it and it only cost me $125. I would recommend them.
  6. ritsco

Thanks TooRound. I'll check them out. The wheel is an OW69989, 18". If I can't fix it I think I'll try and find some nice 17's to throw on my GSW.
  7. ritsco

Hey, I'm now in the Northeast corner. Anyone know of a good wheel repair shop? I hit a 4x4 yesterday (managed to miss the other 5 pieces in the middle of the road) and it bent my 18" rim. Need to get it fixed. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
  8. ritsco

ProfBrown's 2015 GSW TDI Build

Isn't the date on the article around 2013? I would think that LED's have come a bit further in development in the 6 years since.
  9. ritsco

Hep Rear brakes 2015 Golf TDI

Integrated parking brake in the rear.
  10. ritsco

recall on rear springs 2015 GSW

Is this a voluntary recall by VW?
  11. ritsco

'15 Jetta TDI after phase 2 mod

Had mine done (they did do a reflash) and didn't notice any loss of power or drop in MPG. It does sound as though you may have some other issues going on. I would check under the hood and make sure the mice haven't gotten to the wiring harness.
  12. ritsco

European Parts

I was thinking more from an avoiding shipping aspect.
  13. ritsco

European Parts

If one was overseas and able to get (any) some MK7 Euro goodies, what would you bring back in your spare suitcase?