Recent content by Ripster

1. R

Rawtek Cat-Back Review

I'm seeing 38 to 42 MPG, however I drive very fast. If I were to slow it down, I would see even better mileage. The delete kit does wonders for the low-end torque. I should have done it as soon as I got the car.
  2. R

Rawtek Cat-Back Review

2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG. Installed Malone Stage 2 in 2018. Rawtek Eco Delete black Friday 2021. Black Friday this year I purchased the Cat-Back and Resonator. Install was ridiculously easy. All tubbing was high quality stainless steel, all cuts were straight and clean, everything fit like a...
  3. R

Bluetooth drops calls

I'm having trouble with Bluetooth dropping calls. If I catch it in time, I can turn off the Bluetooth on my phone and continue the call on the phone. Definitely an issue with the car Bluetooth and not the phone. Any ideas? It seems more prevalent in the afternoon after the car has been sitting...
  4. R

Is there a Adblue bypass kit?

I'm in Westminster and I'm curious about your tune as well. I'm definitely going to do the delete in the future.
  5. R

Code P240F

Update: On 30 October, Mark at Malone sent me an updated tune for my Passat. Been running the new tune for almost 30 days and no CEL issues. I am pleased.
  6. R

Code P240F

48,XXX current miles. 5 - 6,000 with tune.
  7. R

Code P240F

CEL lit twice now. I have been able to clear the code each time. Looks it's an EGR issue. Guess it's time to remove the Malone tune and take it to the dealer.
  8. R

Recommend a dealer in MD for emissions fix

Do not use Heritage VW in Owings Mills. I was very displeased with the service department. I had good luck with Fitzgerald VW in Annapolis.
  9. R

Fair Price For a CPO 2015 Passat TDI SEL

I shopped for over a month for mine, but I was very picky. Had to be blue exterior/black interior. Every dealer I talked to had wiggle room, but the MD dealers were predominately higher than the surrounding states. Northern VA had some great prices, but not the exact car I wanted. I finally...
  10. R

The Future of the TDI?

My no longer available VW Passat TDI will always be worth more than a no longer available late model Ford sedan LOL.
  11. R

2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2 - First Impressions

I only did the engine tune and I am very pleased. Power and torque are great, mileage not so much. I'm only getting 34 MPG so far, but I also drive very fast. I want to do the DSG tune too, but not sure how easy that will be to hide if I need warranty work. But I love the engine tune. It's...
  12. R

2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2 - First Impressions

You have perfectly described the performance I was experiencing! Mine is a CPO 2015 Passat TDI DSG. Purchased in June 2018 with 35,xxx miles on the odometer. My local dealer says Phase 1 & 2 are done, but the under hood decal and VW website state the contrary. I said screw it and put a Malone...
  13. R

New tune on the way.

My 2015. I guess I should update my info LOL.
  14. R

New tune on the way.

Had the tune on mine for ten days now and two fill-ups. Absolutely love having the power and torque back. Very pleased with the tune. Still not 100% happy with the DSG though. Mine seems to be either no downshift or wham, double downshift. I may need to look into the DSG tune. Regardless...