Recent content by RIP TDI

1. R

Where is Paint code ?

It's underneath the hard trim panel covering the cargo threshold.
  2. R

What did you do to your MK7 today?

It'll be interesting to see if you get less dust buildup on the back window.
  3. R

And don't forget, BECs have been available only in LED form for the past year or so, so if you wanted HIDs, as I would, you would have to either wait until they're available, if ever, or add $135 for their conversion kit. And you still wind up with lower build quality overall than the Osrams...
  4. R

Endless air bubbles with Motive brake fluid flush

Ding, Ding, Ding! I think we have a winner!
  5. R

As much as I love the aesthetics of the Osrams, I regret not biting the bullet and tacking either an LP conversion or an HID conversion of the halogens. If I could convert the Osrams to HID and, if there were room, add a pair of high projectors, I could die happy!
  6. R

If only they took lighting performance to a whole other level.
  7. R

If somebody comes out with a set of these for Mk7 wagons, I'd be all over it! And, yes, when I lock/unlock, I always appreciate the dynamic fronts and side mirror turns and lament the lack of dynamism in the rear, but comfort myself with the fact that at least the rears are amber and pretty...
  8. R

Burning smell from heat

It begs the question: were there a rash of failures this winter or was this a once-in-a-blue-moon failure, or maybe its just a Covid-delayed overseas shipment issue? I also wonder if, because the heaters were installed in only some configurations, the fusing scheme wasn't more thoroughly...
  9. R

Burning smell from heat

No, some NA models got it. My SE did. As I recall, SE/SEL models without "Hot Country" equipment got it. The build tag will tell the tale; equipment code 7E6.
  10. R

Amen, but don't forget the time and explosions of profanity required to pry out the red reflector strips! Much better visual contrast with the ambers, particularly with brake lights on at the same time. I love having dynamic turns on the front and matching dynamic side mirror turns, and would...
  11. R

Instructions for changing water pump?

Did you happen to notice if the impellor shroud was sticky in its movement?
  12. R

MK VII Dynamic Steering Retrofit

Yep, 4-way power lumbar on driver's.
  13. R

These would be full power adjustments, same as SELs, right? Was there a base R seat with manual adjustments (maybe cloth vs. leather)?
  14. R

I see from photos that there is no tilt. Interesting combination of all manual adjustments except for power 4-way lumbar.