Recent content by riofrio

1. R

FS: Ross-Tech KII-USB

$120? Any offers?
  2. R

FS: Ross-Tech KII-USB

Asking $150 o.b.o. Please PM me if interested. (picture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8pgvEBRZpBQejJsTkhCUXZWRmM/view?usp=sharing)
  3. R

FS: 2002 Jetta Wagon TDI, 240k mi - $2200

Details here: https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/6259912929.html Also have a Ross-Tech KII-USB cable, which I can sell separately. Would like to get $175 for it. PM me if interested.
  4. R

Jetta TDI Alternative??

Just ordered mine :)
  5. R

Southern New England GTG: Saturday November 5th in RI. Lift available!

Jeremy - How did you fare after the storm? Do you have power and everything??
  6. R

Southern New England GTG: Saturday November 5th in RI. Lift available!

I'll bring chips and a lot of guacamole :cool:
  7. R

*** VW....who puts bolts there?

Thanks for the tip... definitely good to know! Do you have the bolt specs handy? Fortunately in my case it wasn't one of the rear main seal bolts, and I don't think it was one of the front seal ones either. It was the bolt located furthest back, furthest to the passenger side. It has another...
  8. R

*** VW....who puts bolts there?

So does the same torque spec apply to all 20 bolts, then? I was putting mine together this weekend at 15 ft-lbs, and one bolt in particular did not like it and softened up a bit. Didn't strip it fully but it's probably only holding 10-12 ft-lb. Are you referring to the foam liner? Mine was...
  9. R

Clutch quit on me

Done! :) Thanks for all the invaluable help. Lots of hours and some frustration... but looking back it's not too-too bad. Just very labor intensive. And I made a new best friend, namely "scissor jack"! Definitely drives like a different car. In addition to quick engagement, I no longer have...
  10. R

Clutch quit on me

Tranny is out! Ok, finally. Setting up the engine & trans support system took up a big chunk of time. Especially since I hadn't done it before. Here is a picture of my setup, which worked quite well: It's the $60 Harbor Freight engine support mount, which comes with the 2 threaded rods that...
  11. 1000000271

12. 10000002732

13. 10000002722