Recent content by Rig

1. Rig

Thoughts on Temperamental CEL on dash

So for that code, i did some google searches and this post seems promising Im not sure if the intake manifold getting clogged could cause this error, but that whole area tends to see A LOT of soot and gunk build up. I think it would be worth cleaning your manifold anyway or replacing it with...
  2. Rig

00575 Intake Manifold Pressure - Control Diffference Intermittent

The behavior is kind of odd. I can drive for a while, even pushing the throttle temporarily and the code won't pop up. Driving around town doesn't really trigger it either. It usually pops up when, say, i drive uphill at a steady 65-70mph for a good long while. Sustained load.
  3. Rig

Only thing I can think of is maybe a clogged exhaust system, or I have a boost leak somewhere. What are the chances I have a bad MAP sensor?
  4. Rig

Building off road vehicle with AHU from ‘98 Jetta

I'm curious to see how this develops. I had the urge to install some offroad components on mine. Nothing too crazy, just bigger wheels, better suspension, off road lighting. Please post your progress!
  5. Rig

I replaced that line when i got the car, all the way inside the ecu housing. Although that has been quite a while. I did inspect it and it looks ok. Maybe I have a faulty n75... they are pretty inexpensive so might just get another to rule that out.
  6. Rig

Getting this code. I checked all my vac lines and everything looks fine. No obvious issues. Anyone have any ideas? I replaced the N75 a couple of years ago, so i don't think thats it. Turbo is also relatively new, its the hybrid turbo from Kerma Here is the Ross tech wiki page...
  7. IMG_20231128_121417279.jpg

IMG_20231128_121417279.jpg

8. Rig

27in tires on the Jetta??

spend 3x as much on diesel, no thanks haha. I put A LOT of miles on this car commuting. But yes, with those 6ply tires I'd be losing a lot of mpg also I think. Yeah, handling is probably terrible on 27in tires. I think I will stick to the original plan of getting 15in wheels with the...
  9. Rig

The road is very high traffic. They do maintain it yearly but not enough. Most people have 10ply tires on their trucks out there. I'm just trying to get a handle on what my options really are here. I am very curious to know how frankenbuilt fit these tires on that mk3.
  10. Rig

So, I'm once again returning to the idea of getting some larger tires. I live down a 10min rough dirt road that is notorious for causing flats. Really, I'm just after the best long term solution for the Jetta in this scenario and am willing to explore whatever is going to work the best. One...
  11. Rig

WTB set of 4x100 G60 15in wheels

I'm looking for a set of the 15in G60 Corrado Wheels for my 98 Jetta TDI. Need to bump up from my 14s to fit bigger brakes. Currently, these are the only ones for sale online that I could find...
  12. Rig

264,000 mile maintenance work

I replaced mine once about 7 years ago and never had an issue since. Weird. Didn't know it was that common of a failure point. Maybe I should get a spare now that I'm typing this :LOL: Also, I wish i had your mechanics. Most mechanics around here don't even want to touch the car. One mechanic...
  13. Rig

Intermittent turn signal issue

I recall I had to replace that whole piece stalks and all just after I got the car. I'm sure it solved many issues preemptively. Might be worth investigating the turn signal relay?
  14. Rig

New member, low mileage '98 Jetta

It's a phenomenal car. I hope she understands it's value. I've put mine through the wringer. It's my "first car and my last" as I like to say...
  15. Rig

Door trim piece

Door bumpers lol...