Recent content by Rickstah

1. Rickstah

Beef on a Budget. VR6/Wagon springs

Meister! Long time no talk, good to "see" your face :)
  2. Rickstah

Thanks, will keep that in mind. sounds doable, who knows, what is .030 among friends :).
  3. Rickstah

Your comment about slotting the holes is interesting. I have 1.5" spacers and just recently replaced the whole front end and the front-end guy didn't mention needing any more room to adjust the ball joints, does this imply that the extra half inch would be the line in the sand, so either way...
  4. Rickstah

Lifted beetle suspension question.

Speaking for myself, thanks! I don't recall ever reading about that. I suppose it is too late after two years or more, lol. Could it kill the bushings after all this time?
  5. Rickstah

Lifted beetle suspension question.

Hey, Newflee, there are a few good threads on here about that, one of them is something on a budget, lol, will look it up. Basically what I did when I wanted to lift was I went with some add a struts and put a 1.5" in pipe spacer above them, has worked well although it introduced some more...
  6. Rickstah

DIY: How to fix air blend door MK4 TDI no cabin heat problem

Sorry, just got back here after being too busy. My 2002 A4 NB. I can see where it may be cheaper to create the little plugs that feel like checkers and the volume may not be large, I guess. Actually, after it was all over except for those holes on the narrow side of the temp door I realized the...
  7. Rickstah

No, they were very loose, jiggled if you touched them or reached behind to push back out. I was hoping for a more rubbery plug when I ordered that would kind of go in like a rubber bushing. I should say it was loose for my A4, probably the same for other A4s, not sure about the pattern or size...
  8. Rickstah

First cv axle replace on my NB, grease packing question

Good stuff. I think I did it in reverse except I didn't take apart the snapring but I worked the grease down around the bearings until it pushed out from the metal ring side, then I worked some in from that side with the spatula and what was left I put in with the dollop that was there from the...
  9. Rickstah

First cv axle replace on my NB, grease packing question

Hey, this is the first time I have replaced the passenger CV axle on my 2002 NB. I assume I use the packet of grease provided, pack it into the bearing/spline area as much as possible and then put the rest into the void of the inner axle flange, or should it all theoretically go into the bearing...
  10. Rickstah

OK, I finished the job, wow pretty tedious and not easy to hold those little plugs when you have them greased up with rtv. I had some earlier comments but decided to just do a start to finish with some pics, hopefully I learned a couple of things that will help you. I think I would have gone...
  11. Rickstah

Wandering/floating(?) at highway speeds after alignment

The clunking definitely is a thing, however sometimes an alignment can get a shade too neutral with the settings and that allows the road configuration, or wind, or merely the tire wear to overcome the alignment settings that make the car go straight while still resisting incidental inputs. It...
  12. Rickstah

Misc ALH and Mk4 parts

Got the pkg, thanks!
  13. Rickstah

Good points, I deserved that question, lol. I was bothered by several dogs wanting dinner and didn't even ask what I was really wondering, lol, whether to use the hard or pliable rtv. Looks like either will work and it is plenty humid around my place to let it cure nicely.
  14. Rickstah

Well that was a false alarm (vacuum hose) but they just came in, lol. Wow, I was expecting them to be more rubbery instead of hard as checkers but looking at HumbleMechanic;s video again it does look like they are hard. Just how hot does it get in there right off the heater core, guess some...
  15. Rickstah

ALH stock upgrade

BTW, You may not remember but several years ago I came to your house to get a hood and trunk lid for my A3 Jetta :)...I traded it for a pickup and it was used around Joplin and Springfield and even now is running around a little town called Sarcoxie right off I44, still mostly dent-free except...