Recent content by rick_deckard

1. R

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

I don't know if I want to pass on a $12 check from a law firm five years from now.
  2. R

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

The reason I had to sell my old Jetta was due to their "service" department's work after my water pump failed (just inside the final thousand miles of warranty at least). The car basically fell apart piece by piece after that.
  3. R

And they are getting around that by removing the "CPO" stickers and re-listing them as used.
  4. R

I wonder if someone sold it in a panic at an extremely low price. My local dealership isn't selling/purchasing them at all.
  5. R

Tell me about it! They treat me like a leper when I drive onto the lot now.
  6. R

I could see them selling off some of the luxury brands but really hoping they don't sell Audi - all of the other luxury cars look and drive like carbon copies (to me).
  7. R

VW.com is now showing "502 Bad Gateway" and not loading. Seems like the new allegations are delaying their sign-then-drive event...
  8. R

They must be updating the site this morning then. When I visited earlier this morning the home page still showed the "App Connect" ad that had been there for a while. Hopefully it'll update throughout the day. EDIT: Also, this was foretold by a member on this forum a few days ago (can't...
  9. R

Oh, man... That doesn't sound good. Sort of explains why ALL offers/incentives disappeared from the VW website/local dealer websites.
  10. R

I live in the Piedmont. We've got charging stations at the dealerships (Winston, Greensboro, Burlington), but that's it. No public charging like Charlotte and the RDU area. This, of course, clarifies the decision for the e-Golf not being offered, haha. Thanks for the clarification!
  11. R

I absolutely agree but I'll just continue to wait as patiently as possible. Thought this story was a glimmer of hope for those wanting to trade their affected vehicle in.
  12. R

I'm hoping this will incentivize dealers to buy back TDIs knowing they are guaranteed a sale - either by private party or to VW itself.
  13. R

http://www.autonews.com/article/20151030/RETAIL07/151039985/vw-offers-dealers-a-price-guarantee-on-used-diesel-vehicles For those interested...
  14. R

I was kinda wondering that. I know in San Diego and a few other parts of California at least (according to a few news articles I've read), there is a push to get EV charging stations installed into multi-family homes - apartments - and they have quite a few stations around the larger cities in...