Recent content by rhpot1991

1. R

RNS510 Firmware & Maps Info Thread

Is 5382 still the latest for a NA (US) H27 unit?
  2. R

Does anyone know the name of the 5382 firmware ISO that LokiWolf was sharing? It looks like that firmware number crosses over with the European one so it is pretty tough to search for.
  3. R

Same here with my new 2015, firmware is a step out of date and maps are from 2014. Dealer was supposed to update the maps or send me a DVD, guess I need to check in with them again. HW-Version: H27 SW-Version: 5378 Map Version: 8213 I'm pretty sure LokiWolf stopped sending out any information...
  4. R

Additive question

When I got 8, I paid 3.60 a piece I believe. The 7 or 8 ounce bottle.
  5. R

Snow Issues/Tires

Looks like Nokian doesn't make the WRG2s in 235/45R18.
  6. R

Snow Issues/Tires

I'm not sure my area warrants snow tires, looks like average snowfall is around 34" (over the past ~50 years). Curious why some of you get smaller snow tires than your normal tires?
  7. R

Snow Issues/Tires

I was hoping to stick to all seasons. I don't really have the space to store 4 tires.
  8. R

Snow Issues/Tires

I have a 2012 SEL with 18" Hancook Optimo H426 tires. Over giftmas I got to experience my first real snow storm in this car, and I must say it was not a fun experience. This is my first diesel car, so I'm not sure if the issue is how I drive it compared to my past cars, or the tires. I've had...
  9. R

Additive question

Where is everyone ordering their stanadyne from? I've been buying a case at a time from the dealer for a discounted price.
  10. R

Fun in ice and snow

I must say that I've hat the opposite experience. I've never had a car have such a hard time getting traction, must be the Hancook Optimo H426s that are on it. Once I got going no issues at all, but climbing a hill or getting started was very painful. I even had the car slide down a hill when...
  11. R

2012 Passat road noise

We don't have Discount Tire around here. I called Jack Williams and they don't do any sort of trades.
  12. R

2012 Passat road noise

What number did you call? I suspect the $200 may not even cover how much the dealer will be over priced. When I got new tires for my Subary Legacy the dealer couldn't get anywhere near the local tire shop.
  13. R

RNS-510/MDI Annoyances

Wondering if anyone else has noticed any of these and may have some good solutions. Specifically the lack of gapless playback is very annoying, the rest I can work around. 1. Ogg Vorbis files only play from MDI devices, not readable from data CD/DVD or SD card. 2. Can't seem to find any way to...
  14. R

2012 Passat road noise

Asked my dealer about swapping the tires today, and they don't offer anything like that. Has anyone had any better luck?