Recent content by rhinorear

1. R

real world EVs review

Never mind I just realized I've got a Mk VI. Anything I can do to increase tank capacity? Thanks for letting me high jack this thread
  2. R

real world EVs review

IBW thank you for that bit of info. dd could you please share your link? Thanks!
  3. R

Show what you tow!

Why you got a light on a pole coming out of your roof? I know your wagon was a deep sea fish in a past life?
  4. R

Discounted TDI oil locator thread

Ya, TR I still got my DPF so I found 5W-30 ESP at Auto Zone. Waiting on 4/1 now. Thanks again for the info
  5. R

Discounted TDI oil locator thread

Thanks for that. Does mobile1 have a 507 rated oil? Spent the last couple of weeks here in podunk southern NM looking to no avail. I just used my google-foo and found 5W-30 ESP. That appears to be 507 rated?
  6. R

timing belt and serpentine belt age

Milk may not be the best example. I freeze milk for at times months before use. I bet milk would last 2 years frozen then thawed. Just thought I would be the wrench in this ever so important set of gears here........;)
  7. R

Right Scanner

I don't know how different a 2014 JSW and a 2015 Jetta are but on my 2014 I reset that through the instrument cluster. Instructions in the owners manual Easy peasy On the cheaper end is OBDeleven app and dongle
  8. R

Is it okay to remove airbox and replace stock filter with K&N Cone Filter?

I can't believe how you guys are being led around by this troll. 44 replies, my gosh. should have died at 3. Sorry can't help it. I see a snotty nosed youtuber, social media worshiping troll who isn't being told what he wants to hear but sure knows how to keep a thread going for count purposes...
  9. R

Road trip, Missouri to upstate New York and back.

Look at that nose diving on the last 2 pictures. Watch out ........comin in HOT!!!! ;) Is that a wee bit of daylight showing under the rear tires?
  10. R

800 miles on one tank?

Thanks oh!
  11. R

800 miles on one tank?

Sorry to de-rail (kind of) this thread - My Jeep has me in the practice of not adding any more fuel after the initial nozzle shut off. If you add you stand the chance of filling the C canister and going into limp mode. Am I missing a full tank by not adding any more after the initial shut off...
  12. R

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

I had my first experience the other day. Was at a Loves station and standing there filling up minding my own business when a gal pulls up on the other side and races out of her vehicle to very vocally tell me I'm putting diesel in my wagon. I thank her and let her know that in fact this wagon...
  13. R

Finding Faulty TPMS Tire

Thanks Bob. I'm here all week
  14. R

Finding Faulty TPMS Tire

No the OP didn't wait 2 hours. OP went out right after arriving at work and did a reset and it seems to have decided to work. 24 hours and no light. OP's not to sure aboot the 2 hour wait but does agree something was amiss as it took OP several attempts at a reset for it to finally take. OP has...