Recent content by rentstdi

1. R

Stupid me, left car idling for 16+ hours!

When it gets cold out (below zero) i never turn off my service truck. I'll start it in the for the work day. I never turn it off. It is my sole source of heat as I'm working outside. I have noticed it will regen (idle up ,) a couple times in a day and last for 30-45 mins. Again this is...
  2. R

RFID broken...

Well the immobilizer chip is only needed for a second or so after you start your engine. Keyless entry is not effected by this chip. I was able to put my valet key next to the key while starting and it stayed running. I could have just used the valet key but wanted to see its range which is...
  3. R

RFID broken...

So I'm a dummy. I broke my RFID chip in my key while I was replacing my battery in my key fob. RFID was not secured properly and slid out while I was closing the it all up. It was already a relaxme to fob and the raid chip slid in place and I didn't ever put any glue or gum to hold it. I...
  4. R

How long with BRM starter last?

05 with 125k on mine when I replaced it. It was starting to crank slower and slower. I didn't want my wife to tell me the car wasn't starting when it was -20f. The new starter started a lot faster. I even logged cranking speed and it made a big difference. I try to find my info before and...
  5. R

5000 HP worth of turbos

Looks like those came off a k-50 cummins
  6. R

Why idling is bad

When it's sub zero my work service truck doesn't get trend off until I'm back home. 8-14 hours later. I work out side and this is my source of heat. It also keeps my electronics warm. That sounds like it's a conveinience but those are my tools. If they don't work because they are cold, I...
  7. R

BEW / Cherokee swap

The valves on the top part of the intake manifold for exhaust gas recirculation (egr) and anti shutter. To remove those the engine will need to have those items "turned off" in a tune. You can also remove the egr cooler then. On the lower part of the intake manifold is the swirl valve. It...
  8. R

If diesel hits below $2?

I saw diesel today for 2.69 today. I didn't see the cost of gas. It did look like a run down gas station in the middle of nowhere. They might be dropping the price so they can get some treated fuel for when winter hits. I still wouldn't get that cheap of fuel though. To me I feel if the...
  9. R

Slow crank issue

Don't get me wrong guys, my voltage is lower on the scale. But voltage a reading with a calibrated meter at the battery shows a better reading. One thing to consider that I didn't describe was that reading is taken from the vcds right before it started during the glow plugs cycle. I have...
  10. R

Slow crank issue

It was a combination of a few because I was monitoring a lot more than just those. Just scroll though until you like what the choices are.. I don't know anything about the required speed for fuel. But I do know that was the speed monitored just before the rpm jumped to 4-600 and then the...
  11. R

Slow crank issue

fallow up So today its alot colder out and got a chance to data log from a cold start. old starter stats 8.1 temp in c' 12.08/9.88 /14.5voltage before/during cranking/then running 126 cranking rpm new starter stats -7.2temp in c' 11.86/9.2/ 14.7voltage before/during cranking/then running...
  12. R

Slow crank issue

I actually live near madison Wisconsin... I guess I should talk to mark since he lives near me! Small world
  13. R

Slow crank issue

Last winter I had a difficult time starting my 05 bew. I chalked it up to it being damn cold in Wisconsin and the first actual winter for this car. It lived in California and North Carolina before this. When cranking it would seem like it would almost stop on the first two revolutions then...
  14. R

What did you do to your car today?

Been chasing a slow crank Over the year. Last winter it would seem like it would hydro lock while cranking. Battery was 4 years old and tested a little on the weak side but anything would when it's sub zero. Replaced battery and it seemed a little better. After reading all the bad stories...
  15. R

Diesel Mini Cooper SD - Official

But it has that long rectangle plate... I would get it when it officially has the short rectangle plate The plate I'm talking about is the liscence plate. It's just another diesel in another country