Recent content by reissue

1. reissue

RIP Bryan Dunbar aka Redneck Truck

Bryan was a great guy. He helped me so much over the last year. It was an honor to meet him in person at SoWo2015. He was very intelligent and always willing to lend his knowledge to a stranger. He would always pop in and start up a conversation through Facebook even though we didn't know each...
  2. reissue

My BEW-tiful Build

I've also read through some of Mike's thread on his compound turbo GTD and was lucky enough to see it at BFI Oktoberfest a few years ago ?. I don't think I'll go as in depth as him but I do plan to at least to a slight wire tuck and partial bay shave in the process. Kind of like form AND...
  3. reissue

My BEW-tiful Build

I just wanted to plop this here as kind of a place keeper, or point of discussion, for now. My car is a 2004 BEW TDI Golf 5 speed with 201k miles on the clock. I have covered many other areas with the car and I am slowly approaching the point to start modifying for power. What's my goal you may...
  4. reissue

I don't know anything about A3s but I'm about to look at one

Went to look at the car and it was a total disappontment. I didn't think it would be as bad as it was. The owner only had it for 6 months so he didn't know much about it. The leak was coming from the injector pump. The body all around was completely beat and coated with horrible cheap cracking...
  5. reissue

Ah good eyes on that headlight! Most likely the car would get a good overhaul. These are all some solid points that would probably help get me the car for $500. I'm still going to poke around deeper a little later this weekend to see if it's even worth the hassle. I've got 3 other VWs already...
  6. reissue

These are pictures sent from the owner. I'll post more after looking at it and also identify the areas leaking hopefully
  7. reissue

Solid advice so far and I appreciate it. The interior looks pretty straight in the pictures. Only thing that looked off was the cover around the steering column missing as well as a small piece of the steering wheel. Exterior is a bit dinged up and worn. No noticeable body rust but in it's...
  8. reissue

So long story short this pretty beat looking a3 TDI jetta popped up on my local Craigslist and the owner is asking $1,500. Engine has about 200k on it and it's a 5spd. Apparently has a fresh timing belt and coolant as well which I will ask for documentation of. The body is pretty beat but it's...
  9. reissue

Exhaust fumes being sniffed in the car

I had this happen to me after cutting my muffler off with my Golf. My assumption is that the vortex created behind the car is just grabbing the exhaust fumes and pushing them forward which can end up blowing it back to the windows. Or it may also get trapped underneath possibly. I have straight...
  10. reissue

Exhaust Video: 2004 BEW

Sounds excellent. I've had kerma 2.5 inch turbo back straight pipes collecting dust in my garage for the Golf. This may be the motivation I needed to finally get them on
  11. reissue

Mystery coolant leak

Just to clarify the PO recipes indicate the pump was last changed when the car had 60k miles on it. Car now has 186k roughly and was overdue for the change and timing belt job. I'm currently on vacation but when I get home I could let you know what brand the last waterpump was if its listed on...
  12. reissue

Mystery coolant leak

For informational purposes it was the waterpump. Last documented change was at 60k miles. Car is now at 180k so I had the pump and whole timing belt job done. Problem solved
  13. reissue

Mystery coolant leak

I've followed the coolant lines at the front of the engine and radiator as well as surrounded the immediate area of the resivour with no signs of leaking. Even the front of the skid pan is general dry. But the back passenger side of the skid pan seems to accumulate the coolant. As you've stated...
  14. reissue

Mystery coolant leak

I don't have any local gurus and I'll be good above freezing for a long time here in NC. The Local shop has been around since the 70s with the same brothers working there the whole time. They've been wrenching on VW since the air cooled days and they're currently rebuilding a mk4 tdi with a...
  15. reissue

Mystery coolant leak

Am I good tuning straight distilled water until then?