reildawg's latest activity

• R
    reildawg replied to the thread Front end Grinding noise.
    It was the outer CV joint. I pulled the boot back and it was very dry and gritty inside. New was was fairly inexpensive and went on...
  • R
    Well, got it all back together and the noise persists. As of right now my new diagnosis is a bad CV joint on the driver side. I'll be...
  • R
    reildawg replied to the thread Does Diesel Purge go off?.
    Okay, thanks for the help everyone. It's for an ALH, so I guess it will go through no worries. Even still I'll wait until I fill up next...
  • R
    Disassembled the driver side, the top mount is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch shorter then the new one, and the bearing was rusted to hell...
  • R
    So I put the car up today. Both springs, while rusty, look intact and unbroken. The dust shields are both clear of the rotors, and I...
  • R
    reildawg replied to the thread Ontario Karma thread.
    Also came across two stock alloy wheels for a mk4 with old snow tires on them. And a complete front rad support with a radiator and fans...
  • R
    Okay I'll check for that before I go all out removing the strut assemly. Thanks
  • R
    reildawg posted the thread Front end Grinding noise in TDI 101.
    Good Day all. My 2000 jetta has started making an awful grinding noise on low speed turns. I bought new front strut mounts and bearings...
  • R
    Came home for christmas and found an old can of Liqui-Moli Diesel Purge (about 6 years old). Does this stuff go off like olf gas and...
  • R
    -Full set of calipers with rear brackets -No -Yes Anything is fine
  • R
    Haven't yellowed too badly, could do with once over.
  • R
    I'm at my parents house in Markham. Sorry the location info is a bit off.
  • R
    reildawg replied to the thread Potential starter issue.
    Ended up being a seized alternator which dragged the serpentine belt and overloaded the starter. No biggie.
  • R
    Giving away parts for donation/free in the spirirt of the season and needing to free up space. Anything given I'll pass on to Salvation...