Recent content by Reesetricted

1. R

Replaced driver's door, now electronics don't work.

Internet says this has happened to a few people but, no resolution I can find. Going to pull the guts out of the old door and stick them in the new. Seems like that will be the least amount of work and the most likely to result in success.
  2. R

Driver's window functionality lasts about 5 mins before it quits working. Turning the car on\off, key cycling has no bearing on it, as best I can tell.
  3. R

Hatch and fuel door open with door switches.
  4. R

Soooo, my driver's door got hit by a chunk of road shrapnel flung by an 18 wheeler. I had a parts car so, I took the door before tossing it. I put it on and spliced in all the controls that go into the door panel. The wires were all roughly the same colors so, Im fairly confident they're all...
  5. R

ALH Timing Belt Slipped.... now what?

They were loosened but, I didn't see it move. Perhaps I should've tapped it.
  6. R

I sincerely appreciate the assistance, you guys.
  7. R

Yea, I did it in the correct order... Or, I think I did. I believe.i followed the instructions to the letter.
  8. R

Hmm... I think I tensioned it with everything free. I need to look.
  9. R

No, no... That's not what I meant. I meant, the code is annoying and I have spare glow plugs, since I can clear the code AND check compression at the same time, it's motivation. It'll also give me peace of mind knowing that the head\valvetrain isn't hurt.
  10. R

I didn't check compression today, I will tomorrow. I had a bad glow plug (3, iirc) prior to this happening so, might as well.
  11. R

Excellent point about the MAF. Ill get to a VCDS, one way or the other, prior to tweaking anything.
  12. R

Hmm, rereading your order, I'm not certain that it's the same as the order in the link above.
  13. R

I mean, the car runs fine but, there eis def white smoke and there never has been. To be fair, I haven't driven it around. Just idled and revved in the driveway for about half an hour. I was waiting to reinstall the intake tube until after the car cooled down. It's easier from the bottom so, I...
  14. R

I did that, exactly as described by the directions. However, when I loosened the IP bolts, there was no movement as predicted by the how to.
  15. R

Actually, I'm in San Antonio. Splitting my time between Dallas and San Antonio at the moment but, go to Houston fairly often. I was just thinking... Couldn't I loosen the bolts on the IP sprocket and rotate the pump? I assume I'd need to rotate it counterclockwise by... A very little bit. I'll...