Recent content by redbarron55

1. R

Apple Car Play Screen for 2015 Touareg

I just installed the Ksmart Carplay unit. It took a morning to do while looking at the video several times, but is straight forward and fairly simple. The unit basically goes is electrically wedged between the main unit in the glove box and the RNS-850 screen in the dash. No wire cutting and...
  2. R

2014 TDI CNRB - overheating "allegedly"

Thanks for the very informative post(s) I don't have that post, but having read it not I may be inoculated and safe. Thanks again and best regards.
  3. R

Should I consider high mileage Touareg?

When you buy an older high end high dollar car cheap be prepared to either pay a lot (cost of repair based on the new price) to fix the thing or the write the thing off for residual value of what is left. When I bought Connie the 2012 Touareg TDI Exec it was the Dieselgate warranty for a while...
  4. R

ABS , Adaptive head light, parking brake error

I replaced the left rear speed sensor and cleared the codes and everything is A-OK ... Except for a problem I had before. The problem I have left is the reset for service inspection is stuck on 500 miles and will not reset from the RNS 850 CAR - SERVICE screen and not from the VCDS SRI reset...
  5. R

I did replace the battery a week or so ago, but after clearing the errors the ABS keeps coming back and a drive shows the left rear at 0 speed. I may fold the seat back when I get a chance to check the battery connections again, however. The new ABS sensor won't be here until (an alleged) 27th...
  6. R

2012 VW Touareg TDI Executive ~150,000 miles My wife just came home and reported that the dash lit up like a pinball machine and the ABS sensor error and Parking brake error and adaptive head light error came on I did a scan and reset the codes and they came right back. A lot of errors showed...
  7. R

2.0 Jetta Sportwagen DSG transmission oil plus filter.

Since VW bought back our TDIs I have a complete transmission oil change "kit". Genuine VW oil and filter. I also have a drain plug with quick connect fitting that goes to a garden sprayer modified to refill the transmission. I ask the question - what is it worth (Including the shipping cost)? I...
  8. R

P2002 and P0401 2011 Jetta What are my options?

If you are still within the EPA settlement limit those should be fixed under warranty.
  9. R

///// Making the Air Conditioning more economical /////

Just an observation on late model Jetta AC 1. The variable displacement compressors have had a problem with the RCV valve sticking and the AC seeming to have a delay in starting to cool or not cool at all due to the swash plate not moving. 2. The rubber flapper that closes off the radiator vent...
  10. R

Very small amount of gas in diesel

Actually the tanker truck that took the fuel to the station may have had gasoline in the tanks before the Diesel and had a little left when refilled.
  11. R

07 Jetta Steering Wheel Shake When Braking

I have found that a lot of front end problems are related to weak Lower Control Arm bushings. One difficult to find that put me there was a vibration or oscillation in the steering wheel with no corresponding vibration is the car itself. Weal rear LCA bushings were the problem that let the...
  12. R

Voided warranty

One of the people who said how bad the K&N filters were showed a picture of leaves, twigs and sticks in there. That is just impossible. Now I have tested the K&N for more power and better fuel mileage and there is no discernable change so there is no reason to use it other than living in a small...
  13. R

07 Jetta Steering Wheel Shake When Braking

Real lower suspension bushings worn. When they get weak and deteriorate they let one wheel pull the other to one side and then it pulls to the other. The key thing to look for is the steering wheel oscillated (left and right) but there is not really much, if any, up.down vibration in the...
  14. R

Voided warranty

Ran a K&N for over 200,000 miles in my 2009 2.0 TDI with no issues. No power gain, but at the time the proper filter was hard to get. The 2009 was still running like new ar 280,000 miles when VW bought it back. I assume that it was due to fail sometime soon...
  15. R

2011 2.0 CR 6spd DKM SMF clutch DISASTER (dead synchros, new trans, new clutch)

If the engine did not require the DMF there would not be one installed.