Recent content by red golf tdi

1. R

Metal vrs plastic water punp impeller

According to my VW dealer, VW used plastic impellers so when the water pump failed the catastrophic failure was the plastic impeller, not a broken timing belt from a steel impeller wedging into the housing.
  2. R

Cold? Buy a FrostHeater

Winter is here!! Time to install a FrostHeater and your TDI will think it's Summer time! Be warm this year! Increase the longevity of your engine and starting components, it pays for itself! You don't have to live in an extreme cold region to enjoy a FrostHeater....they are in every U.S...
  3. R

Feeler: 2004 Passat 4Motion Sedan, perfect for TDI Conversion

Automatic, recently rebuilt. Surface rust, peeling clear coat. Thinking $1000 to Club member, but locally asking $1500
  4. R

Feeler: 2004 Passat 4Motion Sedan, perfect for TDI Conversion

I always thought I'd convert it to a TDI at some point for the ultimate winter car, but I have too many projects and no time even with Covid. Yes, it has a FrostHeater! The 1.8T prototype! Terry FrostHeater
  5. R

FrostHeater Block Heaters - You and your Engine Both Stay Warm!

Install a FrostHeater and be warm, while extending the life of your starting components! "I should have done this years ago!", is what many new owners tell us. Thanks!
  6. R

WTB: A3 B4 Glow Plug Fuse 191911261B

A3 B4 Glow Plug Fuse 191911261B, mine melted! Good used or new
  7. R

It’s COLD!! Be WARM and install a FrostHeater!!

Your TDI wants to be warm. http://www.FrostHeater.com
  8. R

FrostHeater Shipping Specials - Buy Now!

Increase the life of your TDI starting system! -Less demand on your Battery -Starter turns easily with a warm engine -Glow Plugs - Late model TDI Glow Plugs are $400 a set just for the parts! A pre-warmed engine greatly reduces the wear of those components! Make the investment now and reduce...
  9. R

WTB - Beetle 04 to 06 DSG

Found one, the guy sent me his VIN so I could do a CarFax , and bought it. Thanks all! Now, to develop a FrostHeater for it! :D:D:D
  10. R

Thought maybe my posting expressing interest would spur a club enthusiast to sell theirs :D
  11. R

Looking for a 2004 to 2006 Beetle with the DSG, no accidents are a must.
  12. R

Don't Keep it,... Do the buyback,... HPFP ticking time bomb!!!

We figure even if we have to pay for a HPFP every 120k (and it's not guaranteed to happen then), it's so worth it since there truly isn't an equivalent car out there to replace it with.
  13. R

Fix Anounced and VW says the fix won't affect the cars' fuel economy, reliability

The EPA and Volkswagen say the fix won't affect the cars' fuel economy, reliability or driving characteristics. http://us10.campaign-archive1.com/?u=1bee446589009a3efc1220d42&id=625e8f9e5b&e=67ad7f9be3 ?