Recent content by realslimshaver

1. realslimshaver

Wired fogs lights now no headlights

ECS has sent me junk part before knockoffs. I wouldn't trust anything from ECS.
  2. realslimshaver

2003 a4 jetta blip throttle results in rough idle

Verify ground wires to ecu. And I take it no check engine light
  3. realslimshaver

What mounts under parcel shelf?

germany requires first aid kits and safety triangles perhaps its the mounting point for that
  4. realslimshaver

Hi my A4 b7 2008 2.0tdi is leaking oil from the exhaust what might be the problem.n

turbo oil return or supply line perhaps? also this is for "A4" or mkiv generation Volswagen jettas. that have the 1.9ALH or 1.9PD not audi A4s but your engine is simalar to the jetta mk5 mk6 mk7 2.0 tdi so you might have better luck posting there. or the vw passat tdi section
  5. realslimshaver

02J transmission leaking after overfill

iirc im not an expert but i have had my transmission out when doing my clutch myself. other spots it could leaked would perhaps be the reverse switch or the speedo sensor. i think the offical transmission vent is in the shift tower if it somehow leaked out the shaft seal (im not sure if that...
  6. realslimshaver

Circut Problem

yes thats what i think im leaning towards if grounds dont solve it(just had to buy a windshiled wiper removal tool will find out soon). as an electronics guy it sounds like perhaps a powersupply internal to the ECU has possibility kicked the bucket and cant supply enough power with all the coils...
  7. realslimshaver

ALH running warm

does the heat blow nice and hot sustained for 5 min? (confirms water pump impeller is working) anyting over 212f for these cars is odd unless being pushed hard up hill in hot weather. 185-205f is more normal. check conditions of the 3 30amp fuses on top of battery and give them a wiggle...
  8. realslimshaver

Circut Problem

any ideas on solutions here? is this a broken wire at the factory splice? can anyone tell me where splice e29 is located physically in the car? 2002 jetta having the same codes as mentioned here 17849 - EGR Valve (N18) P1441 - 35-10 - Open Circuit or Short to Ground - Intermittent...
  9. realslimshaver

Brake light/turn signal problem

check the ground connection for that side of the taillights. Does the reverse light work on that same side? if not then it is the ground connection
  10. realslimshaver

Trunk will not open with the remotes

Pressing and holding for 3-5 sec should pop open the trunk on a jetta. Golf's and wagons latch is different
  11. realslimshaver

No headlights, no wipers and no turns

Assuming fuses are good The load reduction relay powers all the mentioned items It's above driver feat area with other relays in my Jetta If not relay then check ignition switch
  12. realslimshaver

Flashing E-Brake light

A red flashing brake symbol on its own means either low on brake fluid. Or the abs has failed in a way that the rears are not under abs control. Will be combined with solid or flashing abs yellow light if this is the case A failed rear sensor /cable probems , modjule problems or power to...
  13. realslimshaver

Can Glow Plugs Only Function Partially??

it is thick wire. If you disconnect it entirely the resistance shoud be under .5 ohm and preferably closer to .1 ohm
  14. realslimshaver

Can Glow Plugs Only Function Partially??

After cleaning Add dielectric grease( the high voltage spark plug stuff will do from auto parts stores or get some from an electronic store ) this prevents corrosion by not allowing water to get to it
  15. realslimshaver

Where to buy MK4 Mirror or Complete Door(s)?

The junk yard in Cambridge on hwy 97 towards Hamilton has at least 10 mk4s u pull it yard