Recent content by RDC98tdi

1. RDC98tdi

Amateur Radio Location: Opinions Requested

Icom all the way! Current Radios: * Icom IC-7410 Base HF/6 (in use) * Icom IC-275H Base 2 meter (in use) * Icom IC-207H Mobile 2m/70cm (in use) * Kenwood TS-120S 80-10 meter HF "mobile" (in use, backup / portable) * TenTec 516 Argonaut V (in use, backup / portable) * Yaesu FT-60R 2m/70cm HT (in...
  2. RDC98tdi

Strong vibration at idle

If it is rattling through the dash (IE: transferring motor vibration inside), my guess is motor mounts as well. It could be causing the chassis to vibrate, or possibly the steering column? Mine is definitely louder and a little more vibrating than factory new, but I am thinking I have an...
  3. RDC98tdi

2011 Golf Wagon - Start then stall

^ that was my first thought as well.
  4. RDC98tdi

Tony's A6 Project

I know what you're saying about the transmission-- luckily my wife can drive one as her car is an 09 Jetta 2.5 S manual. The DSG is a great transmission and if the manual wasn't offered I would have no problem getting one. Glad you're liking the car!
  5. RDC98tdi

Tony's A6 Project

If you like the tall 6th in the DSG, you'd love the 6MT �� 75 @ 2000 rpm speedo / tach reported. My Torque app indicates it's closer to 73-74 mph, but I've consistently gotten slightly better FE than my father with the same car minus his DSG and I have more lead in my right foot...
  6. RDC98tdi

How Do I Teach My DSG To Shift Properly?

I agree with everyone's replies saying it is fine. D mode is economy mode and is working just fine for you. My dad has the same exact car as me other than the cornsilk beige interior and DSG. I felt like the shift points were smooth and appropriate. Like others suggested, if you don't like...
  7. RDC98tdi

Erratic when maintaining speed / RPM

There are a couple things off the top of my head that can cause some stuttering or hesitation. The most obvious and noticeable is the full on regeneration. You will notice loss of power, high idle, and possibly cooling fans if it is hot enough outside or idling. The other is EGR. If you take...
  8. RDC98tdi

Noob tuning and upgrade question

Also, if you get the Stage 2 and keep all your emissions intact, it is possible that the DPF (particulate filter that captures the soot and turns it to ash) will clog sooner. I know people have run it that way for a long time without issues, but it's possible. I got Stage 1.5 back when it had...
  9. RDC98tdi

cjaa swap into Mk4

Woah, 300 HP is a lofty goal for a CR! I suppose if you are building it to race and can go all out, it would probably be a first. You would need a different fuel pump. I want to say that the people on here with "Stage 3" CJAAs are running into fuel pressure issues under high load. That's...
  10. RDC98tdi

Picking up a 2011 Jetta Highline....

You'll learn quickly when to use 6th. Typically I use it when cruising around 50+mph, but for passing I usually skip 5th and drop to 4th. Then again I usually shift earlier than a lot of people. But with the added torque of the tune it pulls pretty well in higher gears.
  11. RDC98tdi

Diesel Power Active 150V CR Power Module for 2009-2011 VW & Audi 2.0L TDI

Yes I know that. But a regen just turns soot to ash and the ash doesn't ever leave. At least with a tune there are altered boost maps that can keep the A/F ratio a bit higher. I am sure all tunes and boxes increase soot, but without more air I would imagine more soot. This seems similar to a...
  12. RDC98tdi

Diesel Power Active 150V CR Power Module for 2009-2011 VW & Audi 2.0L TDI

My question is, with just adjusting the fueling at the injectors, is there extra boost required? If so, is the ECU able to compensate so that it doesn't run really smokey and clog the DPF?
  13. RDC98tdi

2015 tdi bluetooth. limited?

2013 Premium with Fender audio -- can control track and volume. Running Galaxy Rugby Pro.
  14. RDC98tdi

New VW Recall

I wish! I would rather have that replaced proactively. It seems silly that they are recalling 2015s that are still relatively new and have no reported incidents, yet the earlier MKVIs with KNOWN pump problems have never been recalled. I get that it is probably related to a specific pump part...