Recent content by RBTDI

1. RBTDI

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

Take a look at my 2018 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E. Fully loaded, AWD torque vectoring, 5,000# towing capacity, nearly 1,500# hauling capacity. Nice accelleration and smooth quiet ride. Best of all, VW paid for most of it. To paraphrase what I've said in all my other posts: Love(d) my TDi!!!:D
  2. RL2a

RL2a

2018 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E. Modern Steel Metallic with Gray interior.
  3. RBTDI

So Long, Farewell, Auf Weidersehen, Good Bye

Dropped off my '14 Passat TDi at the dealer on Thursday. I opted for the EFT. Dealer said I would receive an e-mail w/in 1-3 banking days from Chase with instructions for setting up an EFT account. I received the e-mail Friday evening (next day), and went online Sat. morning and set up the...
  4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline

No More TDi!
  5. RBTDI

Buyback Lessons Learned

Coordinating Buyback With New Car Purchase I'm going Buyback on my '14 Passat TDi SEL. I wanted to see if anyone who has recently gone through the full buyback/turn-in process had any advice regarding coordinating the buyback/turn-in with a new car purchase (not a VW). My thinking now is to...
  6. RBTDI

VW Won't Attempt to Regain Diesel Leadership in US; Many TDI Models May Never Return

How old is this - before Dieselgate? And what is it?
  7. RBTDI

VW Won't Attempt to Regain Diesel Leadership in US; Many TDI Models May Never Return

Well, there goes my stratiegery of a buyback in Sept. 2018, then go out and buy a '18 or '19 Passat TDI.
  8. RBTDI

Dieselgate: Volkswagen to Spend Up to $14.7 Billion to Settle ...

My thought is wait until last half of 2018 before going through the buyback. As long as I don't put a massive amount of miles on it, the amount I'll get then is roughly the same as I'd get now. Keeping the car for another couple of years lowers the annual cost of ownership even more. The only...
  9. RBTDI

How to do your buyback calculations (& post them here!)

1. My current status basically as of the end of June 2016: Car - 2014 Passat TDI SEL Mileage - 35,240 Location - Central 2. Buyback Calculation Car Value - $28,847 (no options to add/subtract) Adjustment amount for current mileage - 9 mths (Oct. 2015 thru June 2016) x 1,024 = 9,216 Adjusted...
  10. RBTDI

Dieselgate: Volkswagen to Spend Up to $14.7 Billion to Settle ...

Anyone know where we can look at the actual Sept. 2015 NADA value tables? I'm not talking about the FTC tables issued today.
  11. RBTDI

What's gonna go down on Tuesday?

I haven't read everything, but the calculation doesn't seem to include compensation for sales tax paid on the vehicle purchase/lease, which will vary based on where the vehicle was purchased or the purchaser lives. Seems like that should also be included in the Buyback, since individuals will...
  12. RBTDI

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

That would be a waste of VW's time, since I'm going to be the one winning Powerball Saturday:D Love MY TDI$$$
  13. RBTDI

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

No snowflakes here....El Nino, you see:cool: Love my TDI!
  14. RBTDI

Just got new wiper blades, oil change, brake fluid flush, and 3 gal. of DEF to refill myself, all on the whitecard courtesy of VW. Is this a great company or what :D Love MY TDI!
  15. RBTDI

VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

WHOO-HOO:D Got my envelope today! TDIs - The car that pays ;) Love MY TDI