Recent content by Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

1. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Steering out of alignment after CV axle

Ball joint slotting OR wheel bearing said no more.
  2. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

3336 HP / 189psi 6.7 Cummins

I've yet to do a 2.5l 5 cylinder build. If I recall it's one of the best flowing VW heads ever. Gasoline dreams, ALH broke ish reality. It would be nice to see big TDI power. As in like 600-1000whp stock head and block perhaps porting internals and airflow fuel mods.
  3. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

I suppose if you go sky is the limit and fab heads etc. This is my first foray into diesel after age 10-40 wrenching and growing up in a household and family who were gen 1 haltech users and tuners when turbocharging was less reliable even to OEM. Bought a MKVI JSW solid top 6spd TDI and loved...
  4. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Head flow numbers for curiousity?
  5. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

I don't think you will be able to squeeze 1000hp out of a 2.0l common rail 06A block even if it's been filled solid. Factor it down by 1/3rd of a Cummins (6.0l or so iirc) It may do a few pulls but that's it. I don't think a common rail can do the head flow required to get air in, and the...
  6. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

P1561 N149 Control deviation with light misfires.

Disagree. Both my other ECU had HORRID solder joints. The third one is best of the bunch and common failure points look spectacular with a good amount of solder. Bosch means junk in German.
  7. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

P1561 N149 Control deviation with light misfires.

New ECU with same tune provided less Flux in IQ and timing at idle and under load. As usual more than one issue. Next is running new QA wire and MPDS wiring possibly N108 wiring as well to ensure it's as good as it can get. Runs great with an IQ OF 2.2-2.6 at idle and even less control...
  8. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Flickering screen of death!

There's not enough weed for that and once I'm in that mood nothing would get done.
  9. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Accelerator problem on 1,9 TDI

Correct and wrong. I have a VP/VE motor as well.
  10. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

It's the fueling magic. Look it up. I have that code and it takes a few power collapses to show as intermittent.
  11. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Scan. Codes. This is a symptom that comes with my p1651 Quantity Adjuster control deviation* If you lift off throttle after it happens once the rpm drops below 2000 it's back and working again. Heat does make it worse.
  12. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Flickering screen of death!

Now I have to listen to the dead this morning.
  13. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

"Hello, DART?" "I would like to commission an ALH block and two valve head. What do you mean that will be 50k in R/D plus incidentals?"
  14. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Source for gold plated injection pump harness pins?

You leave my Monster (TM) Injection pump harness magic gold plated oxygen free cables alone you big meanie. You'll see when I gain .2hp and .001 seconds in the 1/4 for a ripping 16 second pass. No srsly tho. 4 real. What I have dug up from forum members here analyzing MPDS & QA signalling via...
  15. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Source for gold plated injection pump harness pins?

Ding ding. I think there is one but I am looking to run entirely new wiring from the ECU to the injection pump in parallel. For now there will be some solder action and ghetto fix. Bosch says gold plated only for the injection pump harness. Given what wiring issues can cause here I want to do...