Recent content by rambalu80

1. R

Mileage math ~ do I have this right?

I found this to be the most accurate (but for a few cents). It was a near perfect match to my calculations and my actual buyback amount.
  2. R

Dirty Money...

Has been posted before and many have watched it already: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=485749
  3. R

Spare tire check at turn-in?

Turned mine in last week. They didn't open the hatch or check for the spare, but they did take pictures of the interiors in the front and rear.
  4. R

Current buy back timeline?

That is correct. To get bumped to the next higher mileage credit, you will have to leave the car parked for maybe another 5 months, which will be past the end of the buyback program.
  5. R

Buyback COMPLETED Car is now in Dealership Lot

Today was the day for me to drive our 2011 JSW TDI for the very last time before I finally turned it in. It was the wife's car and primarily used for short trips and over time, we only managed to average 35.8 mpg but it certainly beat any gasoline alternative, had we considered any. The car...
  6. R

Try an app like Genius Scan.
  7. R

I would highly recommend that you select the buyback option and get the paperwork completed ASAP, if you have not already gotten this ball rolling. While you wait on paperwork approval, buyback date and such, you should have sufficient time to purchase your next vehicle before you turn in your car.
  8. R

Before I picked a date, I was able to see turn in dates as far as 4 months out. I got my offer in Jan 2017, but didn't sign it until a few months back. I am also not sure the 90 days is true. I currently have our buyback scheduled for Aug 7th.
  9. R

Did the dealership tell me accurate buyback information???

I don't think anybody stated that VW will wait indefinitely for people to avail themselves of the offer. That is an assumption you are making for others and you are providing no value here but fearmongering. Below is what I received from VW on May 3 (via email and snail mail): You are...
  10. R

Arizona Settlement and Payout

Nice! If it were Texas, they'd reach a settlement that is 5 times as much and not pay a penny to the affected consumers: https://www.dallasnews.com/business/autos/2017/12/04/texas-figuring-spend-209-million-volkswagen-settlement
  11. R

Milage difference AND How long to receive EFT?

I have not turned mine in yet and so, cant answer the EFT payment question. However, my understanding is that mileage on your odo isn't necessarily rounded off. Instead, it is tiered between turn in date and Sep 2015, allowing you 12,500 miles per year or 1042 miles per month. Based on your...
  12. R

37 Parking Lots

Not a misquote. I believe the article refers to Dec 2019 based on VW buying back the 3.0L TDIs as well.
  13. R

Buyback turn-in is now November ‘18

While no one knows how availability of slots will change 5 months down the road, as of today, I am able to schedule appointments as early as 1st week of April through the last full week of July. This has been the trend since early February. If you are in a large metro area with multiple...
  14. R

How long from turning in signed offer to schedule appt

I submitted mine on Jan 24th and was able to schedule as early as Jan 26th. I have not scheduled my appointment yet but as of now, appointments seem to be available as early as 1st week of April to as late as last week of July.