Recent content by raenglehart

1. R

Braided Steel Turbo Oil Feed Line?

I was looking into doing that as well, but after looking up all the parts, it came out to be almost $65 and that was via eBay. I'm going to go after the one piece flex line as mentioned by several others throughout this thread and others. I'm running stock stuff, and no plans to make any big...
  2. R

FAQ Maint Step #7 Vag-Com Login question

Glad it sorta worked for you. Definitely better than me. I'm running the latest version (I think it's version 15.7). I've only had my software and cable for about 4 months I think. I also have that same code along with a 00560 (which by the way, isn't listed on RossTech code list). I've...
  3. R

I think just perhaps the adjustment instructions were written based off an older Ross-Tech software version, but in the end, I pretty confident I'm doing everything it asks.
  4. R

Sounds good Todd. Good luck. LugNut, to confirm what you are saying, yes, water-cooled EGR, etc. It's def an AHU and pretty confident it's original best I can tell. Previous Ownersdid not take care of it AT ALL with all the fixing I've had to do since owning. But I didn't know any better when...
  5. R

Been a few since I'v been able to follow up on this topic and do some more looking with Vag-Com on the car. I finally had a chance before we went out of town for the 4th holiday trip. TDI FAQ#7 (Recalibrating the EGR System) 1997 1.9 TDI Sedan 5-speed Manual Tried again to follow the...
  6. R

A3 / B4 glow plug relay and fuse location

Ordered from IDPart.com. I can't believe the shipping cost some sites wanted....anywhere from $8-$13 for something the size of a paperclip.....ridiculous!!!! ECTuners was $9. Anyhow, I have some on the way now. Thanks again Steve for posting a good part # for it bud. In the mean time, I'll get...
  7. R

Definitely on my "to do" list. Thanks for the part number Steve.
  8. R

I've read this thread and a few others while learning things on the B4 Passat I've had for several months now. The strip fuse under the hood on the firewall next to the daylight running lights connector.....everyone mentions replacing it on many threads, but I've not seen one mention of a part...
  9. R

Yup, it has 4-wheel ABS & it has factory front fog lights which I'm also told is rare for.a TDI. From what I can research, factory fogs were only on the VR6 models. Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  10. R

Going to be out of town this weekend, so won't be able to touch the car on this one. I'm thinking I just overlooked something while running the software. After all, it was approaching 90+ and I was in direct sunlight by that point of the day (even hotter in the car since windows were up prior to...
  11. R

When I can get back to some computer/forum time, I'll have to read up on how to confirm 1Z or AHU. Doing so on my phone just doesn't work as well. Probably based on Date of Manufacture I'd imagine. Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  12. R

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. What got me inquiring was when I ordered my steering pump. The one for AAZ Canadian is what I needed. I originally ordered the one for 1Z/AHU which had a different line connection (not the banjo, but the other connection). The dealer said Canadian based on an...
  13. R

Damn it! I lost one of the cover nuts and now it's starting to rain.......just my luck? Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  14. R

Certainly Steve. With cover on: With top cover off: Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk