Recent content by radereb

1. R

Warranty for TDIs

So if a car has 20,000-30,000 miles on it and it's a 2014 which one would it get? 120,000 or 48,000?
  2. R

Warranty for TDIs

I am looking to buy a used TDI 2013-2015, probably a sportswagen. Anyways, I have inquired about the warranty's and I have been told 30 different things it seems like. I am under the impression that 2009-2014 models get a 10 year or 120K mile warranty while the 2015 models get a 11 year 162K...
  3. R

Offer Letter Just Received

Documents accepted: 10/26 Offer Received and Returned: 12/2 Offer Accepted: 12/6 Buyback scheduled: 12/23 It's almost over.
  4. R

Buyback COMPLETED Car is now in Dealership Lot

What is the process for when your offer is approved and you select a buyback date? Can you search multiple dealers and compare dates?
  5. R

Easiest way to remove the TDI letters?

I tried hitting it with a hammer and yelling at it but that didn't work too well. Thanks for the tip!
  6. R

Easiest way to remove the TDI letters?

I have seen a few others mention doing this prior to turn in. I would like to keep my TDI letters from the back of my Jetta. What is the best and easiest way to remove them?
  7. R

Signing and returning offer

Thank you all for the quick responses! I am so ready to be finished with all of this!
  8. R

Signing and returning offer

I want to make sure I sign everything and submit my offer correctly. I see that there are two pages to sign and from what I understand one has to be notarized. I also know that I need to submit all of the pages back to VW. I also know that the notary seal must be legible, I was planning to shade...
  9. R

Bankruptcy

My in-laws filed for bankruptcy and my father in law is a co-signer on my wife's car loan. I really can't find a straight answer as to whether or not that will impact the buyback. My wife owes more than what she is receiving for the buyback so VW is paying off the difference. Does anyone have...
  10. R

Is VW Claims holding up your car shopping?

This board is very informative but is one of the most ridiculous online communities I have ever been apart of. I love my TDI but because I cannot pass up the offer that VW is giving me I can't wait to get rid of it so I can get away from this community.
  11. R

Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

I am aware of the concept of saving money. It is difficult for me to save money because of student loans. Not everyone is able to save and many were never taught how to save. Is that their fault?
  12. R

Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

Congrats on not having to get a loan! Not everyone is fortunate enough to be swimming in money.
  13. R

Anybody consider the VW GTI to replace you TDI hatch??

Is it true that a GTI only uses premium fuel? I have heard that you can put 87 octane in a GTI but it will hurt performance. If that is true, would that hurt anything mechanically in the car?