Recent content by QuickWrite

1. Q

Anybody camp in their TDI wagon?

Good to hear the seat trick works, thanks JP. I recently got a set of these Weathertech window deflectors for the rear windows, which allows you to keep the windows cracked while sleeping even when it rains. They worked great on a recent trip when I slept in the car during an all-night rain...
  2. Q

Anybody camp in their TDI wagon?

My wife and I are planning a 6-month road trip next year. We've been around and around about buying an RV for the trip. But it looks like we've settled on doing the trip with our 2005 Jetta TDI wagon. We have both slept in the back on several occasions. I've done it by myself for a week at a...
  3. Q

WTB: Mk IV Left side mirror, white

Cool jbleu! Can you describe the condition and/or post up a pic? How much do you want for it?
  4. Q

Car cover for a wagon?

I'm going to be parking my 2005 Jetta wagon outdoors for a while and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good car cover, preferably well under $200. Did some searching around and it seems the selection is a bit more limited for a wagon. Thanks! ;)
  5. Q

WTB: Mk IV Left side mirror, white

Like the title says, except I'm only looking for the plastic mirror housing (the part that matches the paint color) not the mirror itself or any related parts. Must be white in color and good condition. To fit a 2005 wagon. Thanks! :)
  6. Q

NEW 28F6/T9 Glow plug recall for 04-05 TDI

Just wanted to followup and say that I got the 24p9/p5 recall done on my wagon at Lasher Downtown VW in Sacramento, Calif. about three weeks ago. This is the recall that involves an ECU reflash only, no new glow plugs. It went fine, I was happy with the service, they had my car back to me in...
  7. Q

Show what you tow!

Imteresting, but hard to see what's going on here. I can see a 1-1/4" hitch under there but can't really tell how all this works. Can you maybe post a closeup pic of this rig and how it all hooks together? Secondly (and I don't mean to offend): Why? What did you need to pull so badly with a 2"...
  8. Q

Show what you tow!

I believe mine is built like this as well. It is a Curt model I purchased from etrailers. But it's been a couple years since I installed it, so I'll verify and report back. EDIT: So I checked and, well, I'm wrong. My Curt hitch bolts to the spare tire well on the driver's side, and to the...
  9. Q

Show what you tow!

SilverGhost: Thanks for the additional EggCamper info. I looked up their website and here are the weight specs they provide: HOW MUCH DOES IT WEIGHT? 1900 POUNDS BEFORE OPTIONS 250 TONGUE WEIGHT 2500 GROSS So between those specs and your...
  10. Q

Show what you tow!

Quanger: I'm guessing a 16' Scamp will be a little much. Simply filling up the water/holding tanks on that would likely push it over 2,000 lbs. But I'm eager to hear what SilverGhost has to say!
  11. Q

Show what you tow!

curious about how towing the EggCamper is working out. My wife and I are thinking of getting something similar to pull with our '05 wagon. What did your loaded weight end up being, and how does your car handle it? Any estimate on tongue weight with that rig? What about mpg?
  12. Q

Jmad444: Thanks for the info. Sounds like your own work using Malone Tuning software did the trick. Can you post a copy of the TSB you referenced in Post #255, or point me to it if you already did? I'm still trying to decide what to do on my car. I have a late '05 MkIV Jetta PD and I've had no...
  13. Q

Thx for the replies. Was just wondering if I go ahead and swap in this newer NGK part number if it would work without a reflash. Sounds like it will work, but may not be flawless. Hey 798: "flawless" is a pretty strong recommendation, given all the sordid history with this glow plug reflash...
  14. Q

Can anyone tell me exactly what part number is the preferred replacement glow plug at this point -- assuming your ECU has not been reflashed? What I'm gleaning is that it is NGK N10591609, which is the updated-but-still-ceramic-tipped 7V glow plug. But can somebody confirm that?