Recent content by QEW rider

1. Q

Big Jump in Diesel Prices

Look at it this way, in Canada diesel is $4.30/USG . Simple math 3.785 liters in 1 USG by $0.765/liter, and lets not forget the CDN dollar is worth about $0.50 cents in the US. That gives you diesel at $4.30/USG
  2. Q

Love my new Nokian Q's

Love my new Nokian Q\'s I would like to thank the other members of the forum for their tyre advise. I went with the Nokian Q's. What a great tyre. I also want to thank Fred's in Orangeville. Great service (20mins in and out) , and good prices (29% lower then others in the area) ...
  3. Q

Winter Tires - Ottawa, Canada

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Rick, I'm looking at getting a set of the Hakka 1's for my 98 Jetta. Did you shop around for the best price, or did you go with the Barrie distributor? Thx. Patrick
  4. Q

Always Trust Your Dealership

It wasn't the Brantford dealership. I had been going to the dealership on the mountain (near the steel mills) . The service manger left to go to a dealership in Mississauga a few months ago, and since then the service has gone way down. I think I'm going to be stick with the new mechanic...
  5. Q

Always Trust Your Dealership

Here is my little story. About a month ago I start to have a lack of power around 3000rpm. I shut the car off/restarted and everything was fine. First time it happened I thought it could be a number of things, but was not worried. It happened about 2 days later on my way to work. So I...
  6. Q

Engine Problem

RWal TDI, Check out this thread http://forums.tdiclub.com/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=009516 I don't think the cold in the major problem, it is darn cold in Toronto today 23F, and I didn't have a problem this morning.
  7. Q

Engine Problem

RWal TDI, Check out this thread http://forums.tdiclub.com/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=009516 I don't think the cold in the major problem, it is darn cold in Toronto today 23F, and I didn't have a problem this morning.
  8. Q

Engine Problem

RWalTDI, I would look at this "problem" sooner then later. I've had a similar problem with my 98' Jetta TDI. The dealer ran through a list of potential problems coming up with a grand total of $4000CDN , or about $10 in the US . From different posts it looks to be an oil/turbo issue...
  9. Q

Engine Problem

RWalTDI, I would look at this "problem" sooner then later. I've had a similar problem with my 98' Jetta TDI. The dealer ran through a list of potential problems coming up with a grand total of $4000CDN , or about $10 in the US . From different posts it looks to be an oil/turbo issue...
  10. Q

Wheels and tires for the great Canadian winter

Thanks to everyone for the quick help. The digging that I've done thus far has given me Nokian - H tires at $130 per and a set of old alloy rims at $35per. A local VW dealer wants $80per rim for new steel.
  11. Q

Wheels and tires for the great Canadian winter

Does anyone know where to get a set of steel rims, and winter tires in the GTA/south west Ontario? I do about 5000km per month, so I need something that will last, but at a fair price. Thx.