Recent content by PurpleGrimace

1. PurpleGrimace

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

You aren't driving enough at that rate to justify a diesel. Even in my normal commute each day, I still manage to fill up every couple of weeks. When I lived in a different area and was commuting 90 minutes each way, it was once a week. If you want to keep your car happy, you need to get out and...
  2. PurpleGrimace

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

About thisvl report - I haven't found a source yet that explains whether this is per year? Over the 7 year time frame? Because of the 500k in the US? Because of the 11 million around the globe? Any insight anyone?
  3. PurpleGrimace

Well, that is embarrassing, especially since one of the floated fixes was "turning" a 189 into a 288.... Methinks it is beginning to get a little rough in Der Vaterland...
  4. PurpleGrimace

Someone is going to have to come up with a challenge for post #9,250. Maybe a picture of your TDI, with a recall notice, in front of a flaming dealership. Bonus points for a plunger in the photo!
  5. PurpleGrimace

Anybody with a WSJ subscription and lax attitudes toward copyright law care to copy and paste for those of us who do not have a subscription?
  6. PurpleGrimace

Diesels not worth the time and money now.

Economic reasons, yes, but some of us just get, well, attached to the little buggers....
  7. PurpleGrimace

No Keys

Don't you want to get your car rekeyed all the way around? I mean, right now some has the ability to get in your car and just drive it off, no muss, no fuss...
  8. PurpleGrimace

NHTSA Update on CR HPFP failure investigation

You, uh, do realize who makes Porsche, uh, right?
  9. PurpleGrimace

ALH Golf died

Ahem...... That's what she said?
  10. PurpleGrimace

***The Driving Game*** - picture scavenger hunt v2

Question from the Peanut Gallery: What ever happened to DozenSpeed? He hasn't even made a post anywhere since June 11th...
  11. PurpleGrimace

Clutch chucking or chattering

^^^ Catastrophic failures build character. :D
  12. PurpleGrimace

Removing the glow plug harness to check plugs

I usually turn mine off with a code scanner. If you don't have one handy, for an emissions related issue, it'll take a hundred miles over various driving conditions to reset as it performs necessary tests. Just give it a couple days.
  13. PurpleGrimace

TDI is the worst car ever for Cold weather driving

I second on the good floor mats. Last winter, I replaced my carpet mats with Monster mats from the dealership (with "Jetta" on the side, because I am a tool... :) ). That did wonders for getting rid of the musty smell out of my car and clearing up my windows. I don't run with any blocking -...
  14. PurpleGrimace

2014 MK6 Jetta TDI flashing glowplug (Like an electrical limp mode not a turbo issue)

So you bricked your brand-new car... Congratulations. Next time, give me the 20k.
  15. PurpleGrimace

Broken Wiper Stalk?

My rear wiper doesn't work either! Then again... I don't have one... does this need to be in the JSW forum?