Recent content by Psilovybin

1. P

Electrical gremlins 2006 BRM Automatic

I was able to jumper a fuseable link (15 amp) from SB14 (Ignition Coil Circuit, it is switchable) and route to SB8 (Radio) under the hood. Now the radio turns off with the key out, finally and now the battery is not draining as bad.
  2. P

Red and Yellow are both constant power on my car currently. I was aware that Yellow was constant power to keep the memory of the radio and red is switched power. However, when I take the key out, it should cut power to the red wire, which it doesn't.
  3. P

ok, I'll give that a shot.. thanks
  4. P

Checking for Parasitic drains today. The main culprit is the radio won't shut off. Doors locked, hood shut, trunk shut, alarm set.. radio stays powered on .. took radio out, put meters on the switched red line (when you take key out, this line should not be hot at all) and it is still hot...
  5. P

Searched and found this on the forums: https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/sleep-mode-checking-for-parasitic-drain.433290/ Posed some interesting things for me to try. Was just wondering if anyone else had anything else to add to this.
  6. P

So, I have some battery drain. Worst offender is the radio. Turned the car completely off, key out and the Switched hot wire to the radio stays hot all the time. Went into VCDS and turned the radio off hoping that would solve the issue but still, the switched wire on the radio is hot. There...
  7. P

Weird knock

Check the CV Axles. I just replaced the CV Axles in my 2006 BRM because when you put the engine under load, it would wobble like crazy but would go away if you maintained speed on a level surface and that wobble is gone now completely.
  8. P

Advice on recent TDI purchase. 06 Jetta

And spend the $200 for the Ross Tech VCDS HEX V2. it is absolutely worth it.
  9. P

Advice on recent TDI purchase. 06 Jetta

Changing the Trans mount and the Right pass. mount is not a very hard task to do and it doesn't cost a lot of money. I found that in the two 2006 TDI's (One I have and one a friend has) the trans mount was broke on both of them (248k miles and 341k miles respectively). You say you have a...
  10. P

2006 Jetta TDI BRM fuel filter ????

This was the filter I got for my BRM: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C9ULFS IIRC, there are 2, one is a pass thru (open on both ends) and one that is blocked on one side (not a pass thru). The one for my 1K BRM is the link mentioned above. It also has the 3 holed gasket that goes at the top...