Recent content by PRY4SNO

1. PRY4SNO

T3 Touareg plastic fender flares

Appreciated, I've sent a message.
  2. PRY4SNO

Got a CEL on a 2000 mile road trip

What did you paperwork say when you picked up your vehicle? It would have noted the codes they found and cleared.
  3. PRY4SNO

2014 TDI TOUAREG TIRES

It depends if your tires are directional or not. Also, are you emissions deleted? If not, 5k oil changes might not be offering much protection based on the chemistry of 507 oil. The basics of how it works is it goes through a few phases. First a detergent to scrub off old zinc deposits that...
  4. PRY4SNO

2014 TDI TOUAREG TIRES

Generally speaking, wider tires will reduce your mileage.
  5. PRY4SNO

2014 TDI TOUAREG TIRES

First off, WHY ARE YOU YELLING haha Second, why are you talking about improving mpg in one breath and then talking about going wider section width in the next? You'll need to better define what your objectives are before anyone can actually offer actionable advice. My best bit of advice is to...
  6. PRY4SNO

Touareg fuel economy

In the winter I was getting 850-950 km per tank consistently, with the odd tank over 1000 km. This is 90% highway driving on cruise control at the limit. Now that it's summer, I'm seeing > 1000 km regularly with similar driving habits except for more city driving. I tend to fill up when the...
  7. PRY4SNO

Nobody with some spare fenders, or know of a set of the plastic trims?
  8. PRY4SNO

Long shot, but I'm looking for two front fender flares for my 2013 Touareg. I'd rather not have to buy whole fenders from the local auto recycler. Let me know what you have!! Pretty sure this is the PN: 7P0071680A
  9. PRY4SNO

3.0 cata failed engine

Honestly, at that point... I'd go to the local paper. Shame on that dealership, and shame on AoA. Abysmal behaviour, all around.
  10. PRY4SNO

3.0 cata failed engine

Loaner has to be provided under the terms of the dieselgate warranty. I'd also think that you'd have to consent to a buyback vs repair. Take it to Audi of America if you haven't already. Otherwise there is a law firm on standby to deal with these kinds of issues, I'd retain them to sort out...
  11. PRY4SNO

2014 T3 eats its brakes! Or does it?

I think it all depends on the driver and the environment. When a friend of mine had his Q7 TDI, he didn't have to change brakes or tires even once in the five years of ownership before sending it back for Dieselgate. He was using it for a mix of daily duties in the city and long trips to...
  12. PRY4SNO

Backup camera retrofit possibility

Try to catch up, that's already been pointed out elsewhere in less time. I'm sure you can add value here next time, if you try. ;)
  13. PRY4SNO

Darkside downpipe exhaust wrap ?

@Mongler98 is absolutely right in his assessment of encouraging corrosion. Another detriment is that the wrap can trap abrasive grit which will further enhance deterioration. As mentioned, your best bet is a proper ceramic coating. SwainTech White Lightning is the industry standard. I'm sure...
  14. PRY4SNO

Photo credit to @enok_88 on Instagram
  15. PRY4SNO

I found a post on Instagram where a guy was towing a 1000+ hp Audi S2 coupe with his 7P Touareg in Europe with an OEM backup cam behind the VW emblem. I DM'd him and confirmed it's stock, unfortunately he declined to get me a circumference measurement. So they do exist. Need to dig through...