Recent content by professorxjosh

1. P

Road trip

My 03 Golf with 320xxx goes to FL and back about once a month and then everywhere else I want to take it. With good maintenance these things are solid. Enjoy the trip!
  2. P

NO glow plug light, BUT car starts

I looked at that and it appeared very clean and no signs of corrosion or anything. I didn't see a fuse specifically though, so I didn't check for any signs of a bad fuse. But everything looked very shiny and nice.
  3. P

I could tell that's happening by using a meter and testing whether there's power to the plugs when I turn the ignition right?
  4. P

Tried, and tried to find something similar to my issue but was unable to do so. My glow plug light does not come when I turn the ignition. The car DOES start though. It has been doing this for about 2 weeks. No issue with the car cranking over or anything......yet. Today it was the coldest day...
  5. P

215's on 03 TDI?

Yeah I knew the 205's fit easily under there but no one else could lend any advice on 215/70/15. But they do in fact fit. Not much room at all to spare but one could get some small spacers if they were worried.
  6. P

215's on 03 TDI?

I'll have to take a picture to tell you honestly. It appeared to be close to be same as the picture above when it was in full steering lock.i was mainly just listening for rubbing of any kind.
  7. P

215's on 03 TDI?

Well they fit! There's very little room to spare on the front. I can just barely fit my finger between the top of the wheel and the strut tower. Really happy with how it come out though.
  8. 215's on an 03 Golf

215's on an 03 Golf

Got beef?
  9. 215/70/15 on an 03 Golf

215/70/15 on an 03 Golf

10. 215's on 03 Golf

215's on 03 Golf

Very little room to spare.
  11. P

215's on 03 TDI?

Sure hope you're right! I'll find out in a few hours whether they'll fit or not.
  12. P

215's on 03 TDI?

Yeah wheel spacers make more sense. Dumb question, but if the rear tires fit well, do I also need to space the rear tires to match the front?
  13. P

215's on 03 TDI?

I just wonder how much clearance I'll need to be able to keep from rubbing? I guess strut spacers are definitely an option that I'll consider though. I'll update the thread tomorrow after 6pm EST.
  14. P

215's on 03 TDI?

So 70% of 215 is 150, and 65% of 195 (stock tire) is 126.75. So that means a total 23.25 increase in width or .92 inches. So about an inch wider and a little less than 2 inches taller. I think there's enough room to clear the strut tower. Will find out tomorrow as my buddy was busy at work...
  15. P

215's on 03 TDI?

I wonder how the difference in rim height compared to the 15's. I would think 215's on 17's would be a taller wheel