Recent content by Prairieview

1. P

Golf mk6 2000 driving fine then wouldn't go above 30.000 revs in any gear no error code

30,000 rpm? Wow....there may be a future for you in Formula 1 racing.
  2. P

Used Cam Journal Caps, ALH

The former.
  3. P

ALH Low Oil Pressure at Operating Temperature

Or you simply have an occlusion in one place in the oil galley(s).
  4. P

ALH Low Oil Pressure at Operating Temperature

When you removed the bearings, did you take the time to actually read the stamped size on the back of the bearings? I had a 2000 alh (which had never been opened up since leaving the factory) which I disassembled and rebuilt when I acquired the car. It turned out that the conn rod bearings were...
  5. P

ALH air in fuel lines after sitting overnight

Soon, only criminals will have air bubbles. This whole things reads like an old woman's soap opera. I have a fleet of older 1.6's and ALH's in constant service. When I acquire or put together any of these, I literally toss the "clear" lines and sub-in black rubber lines from O'reilly's, etc...
  6. P

2000 Golf TDI 5-Speed Needs Head Gasket and a helper in Colorado Springs.

When did they move Colo. Spr. into Wyoming? I bet the Wyoming folks had something to say about THAT!
  7. P

Inspecting MK4/ALH & Purchase tips

I really don't get all of this......other than sale and titling questions, why are all these rookie, unknowing questions being asked? He owns and has supposedly been driving one of these cars for HOW long??? No lessons have been learned/internalized during this time? Just not seeing it.
  8. P

Need a New Turbo

xsboostturbochargers.com in Ohio. Take the time to call the guy and see what-is-what. He supplies Mellette for the earlier alh engines. Oddly enough, he does not advertise/show some of his stuff on the web site. That is why it might help to speak directly.
  9. P

injectors shooting out the cylinder head

Well.....this IS leap year (rolling of eyes).
  10. P

What Grit For Honing?

I have performed with identical tool except 240 grit. Whichever you can get your mitts on.
  11. P

Inner CV Joint Rebuild/Replacement Procedure

I have for over 30 years if they are in good shape. Otherwise, buy some new ones.
  12. P

MK4 TDIs ........ available for sale (for discussion)

I have attempted to contact Frans twice in the past 1.5 weeks re: getting a turbocharger and NO response. Is he truly still in business?
  13. P

HELP! Single mass flywheel or Bad dual mass flywheel (VIDEO)

Brett, dog-gone-it....you are FAR too logical. We don't need any ahh datt!
  14. P

How to inspect an engine at a junkyard?

Personally, I can not imagine buying a salvage engine and truly expecting it to run and be a good thing. Unless, of course, I followed the wrecker from the crash site and bought it before it even cooled off. I constantly see engines come into the dealership which are used to get one of their...
  15. P

SKP cam quality?

$25 steering rack. Huh. Well, good thing it is not all that important of a part!!!! I mean.....who the hell actually steers?????