Recent content by POWERSTROKE

1. POWERSTROKE

Calipers mkiv

The levers on the caliper get stiff. The cables move freely if disconnected.
  2. POWERSTROKE

Calipers mkiv

2002 golfs. Are you people replacing rear calipers when the parking brake lever doesn’t engage or is there a way to fix this? Also for calipers in general, including fronts, what is a way to know if they need to be replaced other than signs of seal leakage? As for the rears, I just replaced the...
  3. POWERSTROKE

2002 Trunk latch

Now that it’s gettin warmer I tried to figure out why my hatch wasn’t opening. Took the cover off to find the plastic piece in step 3 of this article was off altogether. Put it back on and worked fine. Turned the lock to open with the key and it popped off again. Do they sell this little piece...
  4. POWERSTROKE

2002 golf trunk

Shouldn't I be able to open it with the key then?
  5. POWERSTROKE

Any New Hampshire guys?

I'm in Bath.
  6. POWERSTROKE

2002 golf trunk

So I am getting back toon this now. I can hear the actuator moving. The handle has no tension as if it's pulling on anything when unlocked
  7. POWERSTROKE

2002 golf trunk

No
  8. POWERSTROKE

2002 golf trunk

Can't open it with the key or remote. Help.
  9. POWERSTROKE

Bypass pulley

It says it does not fit a 2002 golf tdi
  10. POWERSTROKE

Bypass pulley

Where can I get one of these for an 2002 alh? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dorman-Air-Conditioning-A-C-AC-Compressor-Bypass-Pulley-for-VW-Golf-GTI-Jetta-/131000985025?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
  11. POWERSTROKE

2002 golf accessory belt

So it needs to be hanging from the hose or just lowered on the bracket?
  12. POWERSTROKE

2002 golf accessory belt

I don’t have an oem compressor as shown in the photos. I’ll get it if you think it will work. Can you do it on the car? Any special tools?
  13. POWERSTROKE

2002 golf accessory belt

Will this work? Or is this a gamble? How do you match up the correct kit?
  14. POWERSTROKE

Timing Belt Help

I live there. I’ve never done one on my own.
  15. POWERSTROKE

Timing Belt Help

Who can do a belt in NH?