Recent content by powerdrive

1. P

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

When you you sell apples and oranges you must insist that exotic fruit stay in port and be inspected for pest adding cost. Countries talk about free trade but tend to be very protective of their domestic automotive manufacturers. Most of you freaky diesel guys can switch to a Chevy cruz diesel...
  2. P

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Unfortunately it is no longer considered "super clean" now.
  3. P

He is probably driving his 2000 jetta and his wife is probably still driving her 99 new beetle and or his KTM bikes Rob. And he probably does not have the time nor the inclination to play in this sandbox the TDI Club has degenerated into. All good characters have a foil to bounce off on...
  4. P

Well of course in our litigeous society and just from the general responses here there will be attempts at class action suits as vultures, uh, I meant to type lawyers scramble to get in on the action. Whether actual damages can be proved and if allowed to proceed is the question. At most VW may...
  5. P

I doubt there will be a class action suit. VW will adhere to the emission warranty with the new file, it will cost them somewhat more than they anticipated. If you have problems later it's your problem. They will have fulfilled their implied warranty. I doubt that fuel mileage will take a great...
  6. P

VW is not going to reimburse consumers. They will flash new code and pay the fine. VW did not willingly transgress the EPA so that you the consumer would have more power or greater fuel mileage, they could care less. What VW cares about is the cost of replacing emmision components under the time...
  7. P

Axle vibration dampner

New non OEM axles do not have the vibration dampner. Has anyone experienced any increased vibration when replacing the axle without using the dampner?
  8. P

APR is just guessing if they have a ECU

Software engineer has nothing to do with engine tuning. Malone cut his teeth from other tuners chiefly a polish guy with the user name alligator, just like Kerma. Both of them began by getting alligator to tune files for them, when they figured out what he was doing they dropped him. Alligator...
  9. P

Vendor List TDIFest 2011

Uwe Ross attended the first fest and donated a vag com to the raffle. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=39014
  10. P

Where are the pictures and results from fest 2000 and 2001?

What happened to the pictures and awards results for TDI Fest 2000 and 2001? Somebody must have taken some pictures.
  11. P

So, what's the story with RocketChips?

So, what\'s the story with RocketChips? Finally some info. Thank you. If it's $200 I am in, that's cheaper than any of the other options and the tonsli dyno looks better than the other one. now i just have to wait in line for my turn. If anybody can explain the acronyms I would appreciate it.
  12. P

Why do you guys upgrade your ECUs?

[ QUOTE ] Davin said: Another key point is that there are differences between the euro and NA ECUs other than the maps. The maps are just a single part of the whole package. [/ QUOTE ] so what is the difference between them, and how did you find out? is there a website or something that...
  13. P

[ QUOTE ] AIRPOOP said: Not all software resides in the 'chips'. Updating software is obviously good. Software controls the engine. It's all about the software. And not all software is the same. I love software. [/ QUOTE ] so how do you know it's different? The chip has maps, the...
  14. P

me too. I just don't catch the differences and the letters flying around to explain them, ahv asv ahu whatever. If you can explain it here in real english I would surely appreciate it.