Recent content by Ponderosa

1. P

Immobilzer reset

Geko Yeap, its all in a computer now, even the dealers don't have access, it is a giant scam, hold on to your wallets. As I said, I was able to reboot and get rid of the imoblizer, but I bet the new ones won't let you do that?
  2. P

Immobilzer reset

Got it... Left the key on for thirty minutes, no reset. On a hunch, unhooked battery again, turned key on, hooked the battery up, waited thirty seconds, it reset! Go figure...:D
  3. P

Immobilzer reset

Thanks.. Tried it for about ten minutes, must not have given enough time...
  4. P

Immobilzer reset

A friend has a 02 Jetta that had a battery go dead on it. It now has a immobilizer in effect. Is there any way to reset it without having the SKC#? This happened once before to him and he had to haul it to the nearest stealership sixty miles away. I have looked it over with my vagcom, but...
  5. P

Best kept secret..

Check these out... Of course these are high dollar machines, saw a piece on them yesterday on speed. They are rated at over a thousand #s of torque! 0-60 in 3 seconds?:eek: Still would not want one, like the rumble of a big block better than the whine of electric motor... http://www.ssinc.us/
  6. P

Best kept secret..

Talked to a guy with a Toyota Prius the other day, saw me pulling into the diesel pumps, came over to "rub it in". "Boy that diesel is sure expensive", with a grin on his face. I replied "Yea, good thing I don't have to buy much", then told him I get around fifty MPG. He looked at me with...
  7. P

Anybody hitched a Bug?

Thanks Thanks, now I have to convince the little woman she needs a hitch to help me haul bikes....:D
  8. P

Anybody hitched a Bug?

Source? Do you guys have source for a reciever type hitch for the new Beetle?
  9. P

Anybody hitched a Bug?

No I am not talking about a perverted wedding plan here....:D Has anybody ever put a small trailer hitch on a New Beetle? Price of fuel and all I was thinking a small bike trailer for transporting motorcycles...
  10. P

red diesel

Not so... 500ppm is not being made anymore, everything is 15 or less, if there is any 500 left, it is in a storage tank someplace and has been there for a year or more. 500ppm (Low sulfur diesel) will work just fine in anything 07 or older, it will not harm seals, and has superior...
  11. P

red diesel

Do not use it.... Do not use it, it is a fuel oil, not a diesel fuel, it would work in emergencys if you put a half a quart of two cycle oil with it. But, do not try it, unless you have nothing else...
  12. P

red diesel

Atf ATF has a high detergent value, too high for internal engine use. It also raises the flash point, and tends to clog filters. Anything with 2007 emissions should not use high sulfer or even low sulfur diesel. The USA does not manufacter HSD in any refinery I know of, that being said, using...
  13. P

red diesel

Don't need it.. If you are using red/off highway diesel you should not need any lubricants here in the states, the fuel should have plenty of lubricity additive in it. If it is high sulfur, or LSD, or ULSD, it still should have all highway additives. Unless of course you are burning some fuel...
  14. P

Fuel Prices is this rape or what!

Cry and whine? Yea, lets all insist on enviromental regulations, air quality, fuel safety, put idiots (our government) in charge of giving us these things, then whine when prices go up! Living in the dream world will not make your air cleaner, or the price to go down..When buisness makes...
  15. P

Hard starting tractor

Diesel, or gas? If it is diesel, change fuel filters, check fuel pressure, and then try putting in a warm garage overnight. Gas, check for spark quality, timing, fuel condition (check this with diesel also), and carb settings. If it is diesel also check if it has glow plugs, if they are...