Recent content by pinaster

1. P

"Connecting piece" on intake side of BRM turbo

air leakage can be the cause for MAF error, fix that before changing MAF!
  2. P

Very bad shake on accelleration

same symptoms here! it was tandem pump. Now no more stumbles. it's a fuel related problem!
  3. P

Blower motor in 2006 Jetta stopped working

problem fixed It was relay 460! now everything works. 12,50 € and 15 minutes for dismount and mount the panel. thank you TDIclub.
  4. P

Blower motor in 2006 Jetta stopped working

same problem here, this morning it happened for first time: no windshield washer, no rear wiper, no cabin air blower, all togheter. after a brief search i found this thread: geat TDIclub! so i need to check for relay 460 (and/or fuse 40,41,42) but i don't well understand where is exactly...
  5. P

fuel filter servicing

sorry no possibile to look under the rear seats: my car is a VW Caddy, different body from jetta or golf. In order to see the fuel sender you have to dismont the whole tank from below. the green ring is only a reflection on the shiny canister. i think that black debris could be algae, if...
  6. P

fuel filter servicing

after filter change, almost empty tank, i put new fresh diesel and the car seems run much better: more power and no shaking engine at WOT. let's hope it's only a random bad service station refuelling! Do you think i need any additive to clean the sistem? i'm also worried for my webasto thermo...
  7. P

fuel filter servicing

i'm planning to check again fuel filter and canister whitin few months, because on my car only solution to get access to fuel sender is detach fuel tank completely from below. any idea why so many debris and where could come from? thank you for taking time to answer
  8. P

fuel filter servicing

first time for me, during annual maintenance i found a very dirty fuel filter canister. As you can see, after filter removal, there is a lot of black gunk. Usually i change the filter and clean the holder every two years or 30K Km. The car recently run poor and no really power pushing down the...
  9. P

dsg problem

update Just changed transmission fluid: 5 L drained out. Refilled whit 4,5 fresh oil. So the fluid was not low, but a little bit high: 0,5 L more than the normal quantity. VCDS scannned and no error code. What you think now? on a incline a low or high level could be a problem anyway...
  10. P

dsg problem

i understand your concern: you live (and drive) german cars in America. Here in Italy vw-audi-seat cars (above all TDI) are almost popular and good shops usually have enough practise and right tools. Me and my family drive vw cars for several years and never repaired in a vw shop, always no...
  11. P

dsg problem

I don't know, an indipendent, but trusty, shop checked error codes for me.
  12. P

dsg problem

Just scanned the memory: no faul findings, so i'd exclude mechatronic troubles. Next update this week end, i planned a fluid change, hoping to solve problem and no damages because of low fluid in tranny. stay tuned and continue whit your advice. Thanks to all! Giuseppe
  13. P

dsg problem

many thanks everybody for answering. Last fluid change was at 60k km, now the odometer is about 110k. The low fluid was also my main suspect, but no oil leakage inside engine bay or under the car. I'm planning a new fluid change,it does't hurt, but first i'd like advices in order to exclude...
  14. P

dsg problem

Hi all, it happened again! this morning i started my car parked in downhill, I put in R gear ready to start and the car did not move for about 10 seconds. I'm really worry because the car also has a rough and jerk start in D and R as well a noising coming from transmission on acceleration and...
  15. P

Where is this oil coming from?

my vw caddy BLS engine has the same leak. Check for loose bolts on valve cover.