Recent content by phreaddy

1. phreaddy

"Activate brake to start" and "Error: service vehicle. Only leave vehicle in P position"

Well, I had the battery tested at two parts stores. Both said it was good. The second also tested the alternator and the starter. The starter came up as bad the first time, but the second time it came up as good. But I ALSO got a code of PO562, "Check the voltage supply input." The dealership...
  2. phreaddy

"Activate brake to start" and "Error: service vehicle. Only leave vehicle in P position"

Battery is three years old this month. So, yeah. Gonna have the battery load-tested today. Thanks!
  3. phreaddy

Hi all, It seems there might have been a recall regarding the second message? What about the first? Is that related? Also, my car won't start; it's acting like it has a dead-ish battery. Unrelated? TIA!
  4. phreaddy

oil drain plug diameter?

I just got a magnetic drian plug, but I don't think the diameter of the threads is correct -- does anyone have one lying around you can check with a tape measure or caliper? Thanks!
  5. phreaddy

dome lights puzzle

Thanks for letting me know. Ill let you know if it works.
  6. phreaddy

dome lights puzzle

I don't own VCDS, and frankly I'm not sure if I have found the right combination of button/switch positions -- I assume that is indeed the problem. But I'll try the fuse.
  7. phreaddy

New resident of New Orleans, La.

Can anyone recommend a shop in the area for my 2015 TDI? I had a GREAT mechanic who loved (and owned TDIs) in Houston (Christian, the owner of Das European Autohaus), and who was very honest. I would love to find someone like that here.
  8. phreaddy

dome lights puzzle

2015 USA model TDI Golf (NOT Sportwagen)... suddenly the overhead interior lights, front and back, won't turn off unless I lock the car. If I don't lock up when I walk away, they literally stay on until I start the engine again. If I use the overhead switches to turn them off, they won't come...
  9. phreaddy

Have any of you replaced your infotainment head unit?

Short of replacing the screen, is there a way to test where the problem originates?
  10. phreaddy

Have any of you replaced your infotainment head unit?

Apologies, this is not specific to TDI, but I can't seem to get on the GolfMk7 forum. My infotainment screen has gone crazy. It twerks. The dealer wants $1000 for a new head unit and $300 to program it. I've gone to three car stereo places, and all three have told me that no matter what...
  11. phreaddy

Why does VW call for replacing the oil-sump drain plug with every oil change?

Never understood that. Why not just put a replaceable washer on a drain plug that can be reused? Seems like such a waste.