Recent content by PHOTOGUY1000

1. P

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

Here is an update on my 3 Golfs... SE 165K, S 100K, SEL 80K
  2. P

Sudden loss of coolant while cruising highway

Check the coolant lines that go to the adblue injector.
  3. P

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

We have three 2015 golfs an S, SE & SEL. The SE we bought new & it has 140K on it... other two are 60K & 70K. on the SE Normal maintenance timing belt job at 120K... pump was not in the best of shape will not wait until 120k on the next cars... pads, rotors, struts, shocks. Only repeated issue...
  4. P

Fuel Door Cover fell off

Daughter just sent me a photo of her fuel door cover in her hand. Fuel door still works but the painted cover has fallen off. I have not seen it in person any ideas on what will be required to repair?
  5. P

2003 New Beetle Door Lock Problems

I have read about the micro switches as well but the car just does not display those symptoms... light works alarm works no phantom door locking. I guess I will just pull it a part & see if i can find the culprit.
  6. P

2003 New Beetle Door Lock Problems

The drivers side door will no longer lock or unlock using the fob or the switch inside the door... using the key it work perfectly sets alarm all good. Passenger side works just fine with the the fob as well as the door switch on either side. I don't mind working on the door replacing parts but...
  7. P

Dealer Oil Change Screw Up Need Advice

I don't change it myself on this car because I like my warranty lol
  8. P

Dealer Oil Change Screw Up Need Advice

I got the oil in my golf changed Tuesday... next day got a check oil level light. These new dipsticks are not easy to read but to me it looks like they did not fill it all the way. I need to get it back over to the dealer & I dont want to top it off or touch it as its there screw up. Problem is...
  9. P

Beetle DOA :-(

I called all around & in CA rebuilt engines are 2700 used are 1400... this one is completely rebuilt installed for 2K.
  10. P

I clarified my convo with my new tdi guy the job is 2K total wich I think is a solid deal. Daughter loves this it was her older sisters first car & she has always loved it. The car has been with some family friends for the last year or so... they had it when oil line blew & with as much oil that...
  11. P

not going to sell it it would be for my 16 year old daughter. What do you think of the price for motor & install?
  12. P

So did some calling have a locale tdi guy who has a motor... 1400 for motor 2000 to install with my parts on it. Obviously more than the car is worth but its not like I can buy my daughter a decent car for $3400. Whats everybody think spend money on it or send it to the grave.
  13. P

Car is in very nice shape... great paint rims tires new suspension new clutch new injection pump new turbo... has about 230K on it. Oil feed line basically broke off.
  14. P

I bought an 03 new beetle for my older daughter in 2017 very clean car. Put leather in it new injection pump new turbo new clutch. When my daughter went off to college & I could not keep my eye on the car became clear she needed a newer one. Sold the car to some family friends very cheap as...
  15. P

Sunroof Stuck Open on SE

From what I read their is no manual way to close it... I replaced the sunroof in my mk3 it was easy. I cant even find a tutorial on pulling the headliner. Dealer wants $1200.