Recent content by Pharcyde145

1. P

2012 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen 6sp MT harsh vibration 5-6 gear @ 2000-2100 rpms

Bummer about the slave going out on you. It seems like many of these that sat for long periods of time begin, either from dieselgate or irregular use, suffer from the seals no longer keeping a true seal in the slave. I even notice when I let mine ('11 6spd CJAA) sit for a weekend the pedal...
  2. P

HELP - Tons of lights went out all at once...

Check the connection posts on the battery for corrosion, give them a good clean with a small steel brush. Then start looking for loose ground points in the wiring. Maybe someone else can chime in about specific ones to identify.
  3. P

Suspension

Most folks around here are more into lifting their JSW with Tiguan springs, could be some of the reason why you haven't seen a response. A lot of information can be found on the vortex, but most of it is opinion because things like tire pressure and bushing life need to be factored in. If you...
  4. P

tires 2012VWJetta Sportwagen TDI

I got a set General Gmax AS-05's (manufactured by Continental) for about $500 from Discount Tire. It could have been closer to $300 if my timing was better during the spring incentives, oh well. They say it's rated for 50K with a treadwear number of 500 and weigh 20 lbs. a piece.
  5. P

Reliability

I've had mine for about 2 years and have put a shade over 40K on it in that time and it now sits at 108K. I did have an issue with the wiring for one of the glow plug/pressure sensors go bad, which threw a CEL for "implausible pressure". Took it in on what's left of the warranty, they fixed...
  6. P

2104 JSW OEM Bolt Pattern and Wheel Offset?

I'm guessing the Audi wheels you picked up are 8" or less in width, so you should be fine.
  7. P

HELP vibrations wont go away!!!!! MK6 sportwagen TDI

Can you pin down where the vibration is coming from, the rear or the front? The tire wear on your snows when you took them off could also provide some indication of where to troubleshoot. Do you run longer wheel bolts on those 18x9.5 wheels, the kind that you have to turn/screw in to the...
  8. P

BBS wheel fitment?

15" steelies wouldn't clear my front calipers. The offset you stated will work, but I think you will also have caliper clearance issues with the 15" wheel.
  9. P

Best bang for your buck tire with a dedicated winter setup?

You could drop down to a 205/65R16 which is roughly a 1/4" smaller in diameter than you 225/55R17 or a 215/60R16 which is about 1/2" small in overall diameter but that would mean using different wheels. The point is there are many different options out there but if an aggressive tread is what...
  10. P

Best bang for your buck tire with a dedicated winter setup?

I think if you're looking in the 225/55 range you're find mostly all season and stickier tires. And since you already have a dedicated set of snows, it's lifted, and you probably want to utilize that advantage, I'm guessing you'd prefer a tire with more grab than go. 225/60 and up (225/65...
  11. P

Mk5 R32 - Brake Conversion

I know that I wouldn't mind having more bite from the pedal and a shorter distance to travel to a stop.
  12. P

Mk5 R32 - Brake Conversion

Nice work on the swap! Any plans on beefing up the rears too? Divine - R rotors are about 340mm, which would force you to run 18's typically, sometimes you can get away with 17's depending on the offset of the wheels you're putting on.
  13. P

mk6 JSW tdi fog lights question

Ah, I gotcha. Wish I could be more helpful, hopefully someone else with knowledge chimes in. Good luck!