Recent content by phantom1260

1. P

Official Ontario stuff for sale thread

Adding some pictures if anyone is interested. I have all the hardware as well except for the riv nuts and the threaded rod both of which can be sourced at home depot at minimal cost.
  2. P

I got a PM from someone locally interested. My preference would be to sell locally. If that does not go through I'll figure out how much shipping will be.
  3. P

Still have the Diesel Geek Panzer Skid Plate if anyone is interested.
  4. P

Added some pictures of the car and the parts. I also have a engine support bar that I made for this project available.
  5. P

Replied to PM
  6. P

Parting out two 2010 Jetta TDI. Both are black. One has leather seats and the other is cloth. I also have a Diesel Geek Skid Plate I was doing a DSG swap but am just parting both the cars out now. So I already have the following removed CV shafts / Axles Starter Intake Box Two DSG...
  7. P

P0746 Code - after DSG Service at Dealer

Well my swap didn't exactly go as planned and is still pending so can't tell you for sure if it will fix your problem. While I was doing the swap I had the donor transmission into my car and was just bolting everything up, When some of the bolts were kind of tight. At this point I should have...
  8. P

Finally got some time to do the swap. While removing the transmission from my car I noticed a frayed wire. Turns out its from the coolant heater plug. Not sure if this wire would be causing any short to ground issues. Isn't this wire only live when the heater is plugged in? Going to either...
  9. P

Swapping DSG from $500 Donor Car + other items

I have both transmissions now removed from the cars. I'm also changing the DMF on my car at this time. Ran into some trouble getting the pilot bearing out. Going to try to pick up a pilot bearing puller tomorrow and see how that goes.
  10. P

Swapping DSG from $500 Donor Car + other items

I picked up another 2010 Jetta TDI CJAA Highline with an LQV DSG to swap into my Jetta Lowline. Reason for the swap is the Mechatronic on my Jetta needs to be replaced. Since the DMF needs to be replaced as well and the transmission will be coming off anyways I figured swapping the DSG is a good...
  11. P

So I was able to find another Jetta with the matching transmission code. I've put down a deposit and will be going to pick it up on the weekend. Current owner says it has a DPF issue and is in limp mode. I'm hoping I'll be able to swap the transmission into my Jetta and have it back on the road.
  12. P

Swap manual trans from a 2006 to a 2010 DSG?

A new M-unit is less hassle on the install but it's quite expensive. I need to replace my DMF as well so I will be removing the transmission anyways. I would only do a manual swap if I found a cheap parts car. Otherwise I might just swap it with another DSG to avoid the headache. I've been...
  13. P

Yea I figured it was a long shot but just wanted to confirm. How do I find out what other code transmissions would be able to replace my LQV? Once the weather gets better I'm going to try check out some local self pick and pull yards to see if I can find anything that matches.
  14. P

Having issues with my DSG on my 2010. Possible mechatronic failure. Looking for other options and possibly just doing a swap. I have a LQV DSG transmission. I don't see many 2010's for sale in my area but there are some good priced 2006's. If I were to pick up a 2006 parts car would a manual...