Recent content by pgringo

1. P

1.9tdi coolant loss, possibly Headgasket?

When was the last time the water pump was done? Metal, or plastic impeller?
  2. P

Lower boost pipe connection failed; what are my options?

If you find a 1.8t pancake pipe, it might have the front OEM coupler on it that would work. Then you would just need the flexing coupler for the rearward end.
  3. P

Lower boost pipe connection failed; what are my options?

If you can grab a 1.8t metal pancake pipe, a couple of the right sized couplers and 4 clamps from siliconeintakes is all you need. One flex coupler goes over the metal lip/end of the hose coming from the turbo. It connects to the rear of the 1.8t pancake pipe. The other coupler...I went with a...
  4. P

GTB2056 to stock ALH intercooler

Just take some measurements, then go to siliconeintakes.com and order what you calculated that you need. Be prepared to be wrong on a piece or two, and/or be prepared to cut some of your brand new silicone couplers. Do you have a 1.8t pancake pipe, or is it the TDI plastic?
  5. P

Eliminate Thermo Tee and fuel Filter Temporary for air leak?

Just install the fuel filter from a 1986 diesel jetta, and a brass hose barb splice. link
  6. P

Hello Frans. I need a 5-speed down in Texas. I have funds set aside. How can we make this...

Hello Frans. I need a 5-speed down in Texas. I have funds set aside. How can we make this happen? 03 ALH. Thanks. ~pgringo
  7. P

Fs complete part out - 2003 golf tdi 5sp - 438xxxk- tx 76664

I need 03 glowplug harness chassis side from connector. I'm in Texas. Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
  8. P

Leaving The MKIV TDI Scene Sale !!

I need 03 chassis side of the glowplug harness. PO chopped mine up.
  9. P

Heater Core Bypass - 2003 Jetta

old thread, but i had to do this yesterday since i'm 200 miles from home. A 1-inch diameter PEX crimp-on elbow fitting works just about perfect, and the brass fitting was less than four bucks.
  10. P

MKI Audi TT to MKIV Jetta front suspension swap

The TT also has a closer ratio steering rack, but there are claims that only the 225 got the quick rack, or only the quattro got the quick rack. Worth searching for the info and maybe grabbing for the price. TT front end swap is on the list for my wagon.
  11. P

VT3 turbo to stainless steel 1.8t pancake pipe

Is anyone running a VT3 turbo and a pancake pipe from a 1.8t? I swapped one of these turbos in to my ALH Jetta wagon. I need to figure out pressure hose from turbo to pancake pipe. VT3 out looks to be 1.75" and inlet of 1.8t pancake is around 2" with a weird couple of angles between them. Anyone...
  12. P

How much to list 2002 VW Jetta Wagon TDI for - needs work

Manual or auto? Makes a huge difference in value. Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
  13. P

a/c not blowing cold

I bought a reman to reduce downtime. My other ALH is down already with a dead turbo. I bought a "kit" that includes drier, expansion valve, oil, all the o-rings, and reman compressor.
  14. P

a/c not blowing cold

so according to what I've been reading after searching "Refrigerant Control Valve" I've come back around to my initial diagnosis in OP. Apperently, it could be the RCV valve, or could be the reed valve manifold, but you won't know unless you either swap the RCV, or disassemble the compressor to...
  15. P

a/c not blowing cold

all fans in cabin and under hood working properly. sorry, i should have included that in initial post.