Recent content by PeterA1

1. P

New to the Forum- Looking to improve my 16 A6 TDI MPG- Help

I've noticed a 1 to 2mpg improvement using Diesel Kleen cetane boost, but I've only ran it through 2 tanks so I don't have a definite answer if it helps or not yet. The liqui moly super diesel additive has no effect on mileage for me personally, I just used it when it was -10F in the winter to...
  2. P

What did you do to your Audi TDI today?

Was driving home from work today and I heard a rock slam into my window, turns out it was the side window! I didn't even know that was possible. Looked over the dash cam footage because I initially thought someone shot me with a bb gun or thew something at me, but none of the other cars had...
  3. P

Over the weekend, I DIY'd the front bumper with PPF. Shockingly easy to install, until I noticed all the bubbles the next day. Apparently I need to grab a hypodermic needle to pop them. Shouldn't be too hard to find in Seattle lol
  4. P

Best mileage during dpf regen?

I just wanted to give an update to this - it turned out to be a failing dpf and faulty pressure sensors. I'm glad to be back at a solid 37 to 38 mpg around 80mph on not very flat roads and over 40 if I try my best. I was also down on power too but I didn't notice the gradual decrease over time.
  5. P

Yesterday I learned that if you want to clean up 4 liters of oil off your garage floor and have a heart attack with the low oil light, just put the oil filter O ring on the wrong groove! Luckily I did it at 9pm on a Sunday so every auto parts store was closed and I had to bike a few miles in the...
  6. P

Dealer playing hardball, are they right?

I would take it there, however that's gonna be a few day's drive away from me. I found a dealer 2 hours from me that can get me in early next week and guaranteed a loaner. Apparently multiple people have posted reviews that they go out of their way to get service done there instead of the 3...
  7. P

Dealer playing hardball, are they right?

I'm currently dealing with my car in limp mode for a full DPF, did you ever get anything figured out? I can only make it up to 30mph to merge onto the freeway and can barely make it up the giant hill I live on, which is more of a safety issue than I expected. I've contacted audi customer care...
  8. P

I tried to take mine to the dealer for a full DPF causing limp mode. I got the runaround that they don't have loaner cars until August. I talked to audi customer care and tbey said they will talk to my dealer on Monday when I take it in again. I guess we will find out tomorrow if I can merge...
  9. P

Advice for new Q5 owner

I highly recommend FCP euro for oil, wipers, and air filters. They seem to be the only place that let's you return used oil for a free refund. In Seattle, I can get everything crammed into a medium/large box to their Connecticut location for about $30 using Pirateship. However, you will only see...
  10. P

Ash has been steady at 0.07L since I got the car a year ago. I've been able to try out different diesels, currently has a tank full of #2 and I get about 2mpg drop when I use Idaho's #1 and #2 blend and 2 more mpg when using pure #1 from Montana. The mileage has been down since August of 21, so...
  11. P

So in the past few months, I've taken my A6 TDI on quite a few 500+ mile drives and recently my mileage has been about 25% lower than what I used to be getting. I have tried everything in the tips for better mileage and those do help just a little bit, but I would like my old mileage back. For...