Recent content by peruses

1. P

1z TDI into lifted 85 Jetta

Life, overtime, waiting on parts, and now the air quality because the whole coast is on fire have had me in a holding pattern for a pit, but I've got a box of parts from Cascade German for the motor seals timing belt kit, and upgrade to single mass flywheel. the 4.24 ring gear is harvested off a...
  2. P

So current state of affairs is much like this though I have drilled the needed holes and mounted the clutch and brake master cylinders from the Passat to the firewall. empty engine bay IMG_20200811_162309710 by Brice Moss, on Flickr Clutch and master mounted IMG_20200813_121010416 by...
  3. P

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

IMG_20200712_175941768 by Brice Moss, on Flickr Hi folks, my most fun beater decided it wants a power upgrade from the na 1.9 I bought from an importer 5 years back so here I am to pick peoples brains in the swap and 1z forums cause I found a 96 passat TDI that was ready to pass on it's organs.
  4. P

Thankyou. I'd end up pulling the 2l tranny apart anyway because that 3.3 first gear is a non starter for this projects goals so I can pay the premium and avoid the hassle.
  5. P

what else is should I do while I have the tranny split? this box was shifting well in the parts car and oil looks clean.
  6. P

Think I found the R&P I need, Can someone confirm this will fit? https://www.ebay.com/itm/283653488638
  7. P

That's good to know thankyou
  8. P

I thought about grabbing another box, but I want to do a torque biasing diff anyway, so I'm going to go ahead and install a 4.24 ring and pinion at the same time. I've got a mini for long freeway trips so donna care if I'm rev limited but need the grunt down low. If my gear calculator is right...
  9. P

Hi folks. I know I'm a decade late to this party, but good times will be had. My fun beater decided he wants to go a little faster again and overheated the na AAZ, a quick look around craigslist revealed a dirt cheap decent running 96 Passat with the 1Z and CTN tranny. click this for...