Recent content by PDJetta

1. PDJetta

FS: 2000 Jetta TDI, $1,500/Best Offer (Northern Virginia/Wash, DC Area)

Please Note My FS posting has generated a fair amount of out-of-state interest. A few out-of state people have asked if I am willing to repair (with parts provided and possibly something for my labor) some of the items that need to be fixed to make the car more reliable for a multi-state drive...
  2. PDJetta

I forgot to Mention.... P.S. I forgot to mention in my description that on one of the two key remotes, the metal key broke off at the base. The remote (the expensive part) is still functional, but a new steel key will have to be cut and installed in the remote to make it fully functional. The...
  3. PDJetta

SOLD: 2000 Jetta TDI, $1,500/Best Offer (Northern Virginia/Wash, DC Area) Car has just sold! 5-speed, 120,500 miles, runs well, clear title. Car is located near Ft. Belvoir, US Rt. 1, and I-95. After buying a new car recently, my 82-year old mother decided to part with her 2000 Jetta TDI...
  4. PDJetta

Opps, I see I posted this in the Parts for Sale Section. Sorry. Moving it to the Cars for Sale section. Nate
  5. PDJetta

Posted in the Wrong Section. 5-speed, 120,500 miles, runs well, clear title. Car is located near Ft. Belvoir, US Rt. 1, and I-95. Sorry, posted in the wrong section. Post moved to the Cars for Sale Section. Nate
  6. PDJetta

Filed My First Diesel Fuel Tax Claim

A few months ago Virginia Governor McDonnell enacted a law that made Virginia the ONLY state without a gasoline tax (notice I did not say "first state" since no one else is dumb enough to do this). So people who do not own cars will now fund the road projects and maintenance (in addition to...
  7. IMG_00603

IMG_00603

8. PDJetta

How to: solve the 04 BEW hard starts and 16705 G28 fault code.

I don't think it does and I probably would not do it if you are not having issues. I did the TSB on my '04 and it is an early '04, manufactured October 2003, and I noticed no difference afterwards in the way it started. --Nate
  9. PDJetta

04 Jetta BEW - 5th gear pops out

IIRC the 5th gear in the 02J EUH transaxle for the BEW-engined TDIs has a slightly different (higher) ratio than the 5th gear used in the ALH-engined 02J EGR transaxles. Make sure you get the correct gear. I thought I read somewhere worn shift detents caused the transaxle to pop out of gear. I...
  10. PDJetta

noisy lift pump... imminnent failure?

All I can say is that when my lift pump failed suddenly, killing the engine, two days earlier I noticed a slightly louder "normal" pump sound. I would install a replacement ASAP! Even if failure was not imminent, if this is the original pump, it WILL FAIL at some point. Edit: I just read your...
  11. PDJetta

2005 BEW PD lift pump operation and internals

Correct, Dan. I do not recall reading about a single failure of the VDO replacement lift pumps for the 1.9 PD. The VW dealer installed one of those at 46,000 miles on my '04 under warranty. If this failure happened 4000 miles later, my car would have been out of warranty! Same pump as the...
  12. PDJetta

Is it an "Intercooler", "Charge Air Cooler", or "Aftercooler"?

I like the term "charge air cooler" too, because that is what it does. --Natew
  13. PDJetta

Flat Head Diesel engine

Here is Jay Leno's 1832 steam engine in operation. I knew he had a massive vintage car collection, but I did not know he had other restored relics. He just has too much money! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoBWAE0win0&list=TLXeDUeKJk2sw That steam engine has one big set of balls (as in the...
  14. PDJetta

What is the Oldest Machine You've Been Transported By?

Nice Ford Flathead! Take a look here for a really neat movie from the 1930s showing the greatness of American manufacturing. The Ford Motor Company in Dearborn, MI, manufacturing of Ford cars and trucks http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=358828 For you Chevy fans...