Recent content by Paulman

1. P

Trailer hitch for MK6 Jetta sedans?

Hi all, I did a thorough search but came up empty-handed here. Apparently, there is a OEM VW hitch for the Jetta wagon. Any suggestions for mounting a hitch on a 2014 Jetta TDI Sedan? Thanks, Paul
  2. P

WTB trailer hitch 2014 Jetta TDI

Sorry for the "Me, too," but I'm looking into possible trailer hitches. There is a rumour that the OEM VW trailer for the Westphalia can fit MK6 Jettas. Bump.
  3. P

Diesel additives

There is the persistent fact that European diesel is of a higher quality than North American diesel fuel. A basic Cetane booster is popular. There are inexpensive every tank diesel additives that some people swear by (me) and there is also a significant group that point to lack of evidence that...
  4. P

Timing Belt Interval

I have a 2014 CJAA VW Jetta Sedan. My timing belt (and all the German parts associated with that) were replaced at 116,000 miles. The German-parts car companies here in USA sell a timing belt kit that is actually an upgrade, given the parts that are sourced from Europe. Cheap Chinese parts...
  5. P

Price Lowered - 2014 Audi A6 TDI Quatro

Was the DSG service done at 40,000 miles?
  6. P

Diesel delete

Find an independent tech to put on the new, lighter emissions system that you bought from Canada. Then, Malone Stage 2 tune from Tunezilla will be emailed to you and you flash your car with a Windows-based computer. Then, only your muffler technician knows about your improved, lighter...
  7. P

TDI jetta diesel additive to use and how often?

There is also the persistent opinion that North American diesel is inferior to EU diesel which would call for some additive for lubricity, higher Cetane, etc. What is the current state-of-the-art opinion on the quality of diesel argument for using additives?
  8. P

Malone dsg tune

Hey LC, Why did you delete your muffler and use a resonator? Some just keep the muffler and all else is deleted to the turbo.
  9. P

2014 CJAA Jetta Sedan TDI exhaust system for sale

What parts do you want? I just replaced my exhaust system and I understand that the DPF and cat have value. I kept my muffler. I live in North Carolina and would prefer a local connection (within 100 miles or so). Paul
  10. P

2014 Jetta TDI Sedan did timing belt and water pump at 115,000m but didn't change the HPFP...

How worried should I be? Should I schedule a replacement HPFP as soon as possible? Roll the dice and just drive it? Or, have I been reading too much in these forums about the evils of those stock HPFPs?
  11. P

Big Rear Brakes? 2012 Jetta

Thanks for your reflections. I wonder how one would test this? Find a large, empty parking lot and go WOT while the steering wheel is locked hard in left or right? Seems like something would break doing this.
  12. P

Big Rear Brakes? 2012 Jetta

Does the native Electronic Stability Control (or whatever it's called) in the MK6 insure that you'll never spin out in tight, fast turns?
  13. P

TDI Warranty

I'm taking a guess here but the Dieselgate warranties are ridiculously long. Like 10 years after the original "In Service" date of the vehicle or something like that. Definitely don't sell! Get the dealer to make it right by law. Paul
  14. P

Mods to make a golf tdi handle like a gti?

That's what's wonderful about MK6 cars is that when the time comes to update brakes and suspension, you can put some very nice hardware on. After 110,000 miles on my 2014 Jetta TDI, I did the timing belt maintenance and then refreshed the brake system and suspension. I now have Zimmerman rotors...
  15. P

Button click under accelerator pedal on 2014 Jetta Sedan DSG TDI...

Okay, I hope I'm not hallucinating but there is a definite "click" or switch under the accelerator pedal when pressed fully to the floor/firewall. Is this just "Wide Open Throttle" or is this a part of some "Launch Control" sequence that's not included on this model VW? Paulman