Pat Dolan's latest activity

• P
    I think I just learned more about LiFe batteries than I have ever realized I needed to know. Thanks.
  • P
    Pat Dolan replied to the thread Thermal Barrier Coatings.
    "effective" is subjective conjecture. I need actual values for thermal co-efficient and preferrably some measurement data for piston...
  • P
    Pat Dolan replied to the thread 1.2 TDI for Aircraft.
    Achates has had a 2.7 litre, 270 HP 3 cylinder running for several years - but in once again uber-porky automotive trim. Superior Air...
  • P
    Well, I AM anti-Rotax - and anti-anything-else spark ignition. Have to cite them, though as they literally own the market for 80 and...
  • P
    The old school drag guys (that's drag RACERS, not...well, you know) used to acid dip their bodies, not their engines (won't even go...
  • P
    I use the commercial product in my Class 8s and trailers (VERY prone to flat spotting from brakes, the hard to keep balanced). No...
  • P
    300 lb. with all accessories would be about right, but then you need a PSRU so add another bunch of weight thus why I mentioned 300 at...
  • P
    I was just in the process of scraping up the parts to build a Type 4 engine (my first air cooled build in over 30 years!!!!!) and the...
  • P
    Pat Dolan replied to the thread U.S. Comeback?.
    Not them, but you DID put your finger on the important point: it's all about the chemistry of the combustion process (not so much the...
  • P
    To drag this poor thread ever further off topic: you hit one of my pet peeves right smack on the head. NOTHING pees me off more than...
  • P
    Well, this thread took a sharp turn into the golf cart world! I certainly hope that the diesels we are seeing in light trucks will move...
  • P
    My first diesel wasn't actually my car, as I was GM of the dealership. It arrived I think late summer '77 as a '78 model and thrilled...
  • P
    Forgot to mention: since the current1.2 is a common rail engine, you will also need an ECU that will need to be reprogrammed radically...
  • P
    And what I tried to explain is that there are more general aviation engines manufactured today in both spark ignition and compression...
  • P
    To begin with, the largest volume aircraft engine manufacturer is Rotax, and all 4 cycle and the only current 2 cycle aircraft engines...