Recent content by passsattdi

1. passsattdi

Exhaust pressure Relief Valve

Mine was npt covered and I have the damed extended warranty!!!
  2. passsattdi

Engine noise when cold.

Go to a different dealer immediately and call VW.
  3. passsattdi

Engine noise when cold.

Collapsed lifter not pumping up? Kind of what it sounds like to me. Sounded a little louder with a little more peddle (power application in a higher gear). Cannot imagine that has anything to do with fuel. Sounds like 1 out of the 4 cyl.
  4. passsattdi

Strange pulsating noise

Boy if that clock were not electronic, it sure sounds just like the pulsation you would hear from a clock. I would take it does not change with the car on or off? If that is the case find the fuse that runs the radio clock and pull it. If it stops....
  5. passsattdi

2012 Passat Audio amplifier

Well I agree with what you say seeing the other thread, but could this be the same problem you are experiencing with the ignition? That was what lead me to think flood, but with all the salt and snow you guys get, it may have spread further(independently of course) and if the system is set up...
  6. passsattdi

2012 Passat Audio amplifier

Hey Sam, Not saying it was, but with the keysys system and this, was the car flooded? Check in the nooks and crannies that would be hard to clean. Sorry to suggest this, but boy it smells of water damage. I hope it is not.
  7. passsattdi

PSA: beware of lower MPG during winter months

I really hope you are monitoring your EGTs. With my cold front on i can quickly hit high temps on a long grade. You need to know when to back off not to fry the turbo.
  8. passsattdi

Battery Options, Opinions and Results

I have been reading on other sites about AGM batteries. They like a reduced voltage charge. The Passat I have runs at 14.5 = or - 0.1. Apparently due to the lower resistance in the AGM they should only charge at 13.9 volts. I gather it starts to be as though the battery is overcharging all the...
  9. passsattdi

Best To Downshift, or Ride Brakes Downhill?

Going downhill, the turbo fins should be retracted and spinning as slow as at idle. Granted the engine being driven hard especially with our blowtorch effect, is an issue. As have been stated, the synthetic oil should flow. I certainly would try to keep the rev's down but I certainly use...
  10. passsattdi

Who chucked their Hankook tires? Come on inside.

I have 4 if you want to buy them. Noisy from new. I have over sized Generals on now, they are quiet as can be. The summer tire equivalent of my winters. Great tires and Handcraps were junk. I will sell um cheap......
  11. passsattdi

DRL replacement LED... Where can I find them??

So do the DRLs twist out Lefty Lucy Righty Tighty???
  12. passsattdi

Yep, I believe consumption is only 10W per bulb
  13. passsattdi

Veedub. I am having a heck of a time getting out the DRL. They twist out? is the thing that feels like a big paddles what the light is in? Lefty Lucy? Cannot budge it.
  14. passsattdi

FYI Rain-X Wiper Fluid Warning

I'll live with the light. I wonder if we coat the probe..... Oh wait..... That is the issue!