Recent content by Parva

1. Parva

Red Aluminum Start Button Switch 2013 Beetle

So, I got the idea to replace (cover) the factory silver push button start/stop switch and it's black circular trim. Apparently, all the ones I've found so far are all too small. I see lots of examples listed on eBay & Amazon & AliExpress but they all appear to be the wrong size -- too small or...
  2. Parva

Cornsilk Beige - How does it hold up?

Here's another '10 JSW TDi in blue with the Cornsilk interior... After 3 yrs & 42,000 miles, this baby is as close to "as good as new" as can be. The interior is strikingly clean & other than a few lil' [1/4"] body dings, this baby is still superb! No fuel injection issues at all. No service...
  3. Parva

MkV / MkVI Bluetooth FAQ (Updated 12/30/2010)

Sorry; was gonna write sooner... Nope, no Nav. I have the 510 model.
  4. Parva

Exact same "resolution" here I agree that it's better than it was; but hardly...
  5. Parva

So then, what are we "supposed to do?" Should we wait a while longer, what's too long to wait to get this done? The part # we want is the 9W7, correct? What all should we tell our local VW service department guys to do if they "know nothing of this?"
  6. Parva

Got the same letter today also. As I still own the car, I'll certainly send it back stating that I still want VW to install the upgrade. Sure would like to get this done & over with.
  7. Parva

Any news regarding when we can receive the replacement 9W7 for free if we haven't gone and bought it yet? i.e. a free, dealer-installed replacement? Thanks in advance!
  8. Parva

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Most recent sightings: RUG = $3.39 / Diesel = $3.73
  9. Parva

Cadillac SRX - out, 2012 JSW in!

Lookin' good! Appears that you have window visors on the front. Didn't opt for visors on the back windows? Are they MacNeil? Does ANYONE have a side picture of a JSW TDi w/ both front & back window visors???
  10. Parva

MDI cable too short

Bought the eBay cheapie -- it lasted all of 2 months before it started to break at one of the connector ends then by 4 months it wasn't able to send audio. Then bought a CableJive ~18" cable. Got it from one of the daily deals sites so, i can't recall who had it, but it was ALOT cheaper than...
  11. Parva

The iPhone is presently running iOS 4.3 -- could update it to 4.3.2 if one thinks that could make a difference. & it's AT&T so, its a GSM phone. Any reason to think that versioning might be part of the problem?
  12. Parva

Has anyone experienced issues w/ an iPhone 4G not connecting correctly to both bluetooth & bluetooth audio in a '10 JSWTDi w/ the RCD510? My old iPhone 3G worked 100% all the time prior to upgrading to the 4G. My wife's 3GS also works 100% w/ all the bluetooth & bluetooth audio connections...
  13. Parva

Activate Bluetooth Audio? Activate Bluetooth Audio? Activate Bluetooth Audio? Activat

RESOLVED by simply re-pairing the iPhone 4. After pairing my wife's 3GS & everything worked 100%; decided to retry mine. AKA... nevermind ;-)
  14. Parva

Activate Bluetooth Audio? Activate Bluetooth Audio? Activate Bluetooth Audio? Activat

Bluetooth Audio seems to not be available with my new iPhone 4G. With my old iPhone 3G, it worked XLNT. That is, it worked wirelessly and activated the BT Audio touch-screen button -- now, I can only playback [for example, Pandora] on the the phone & through the RCD-510 with the iPod media...
  15. Parva

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Best I could find in Palm Beach County today is $3.05 @ Hess -- corner of Lake Worth Rd & Congress Ave.