Recent content by PacCoastFwy923

1. PacCoastFwy923

Who knew? So hard to spend $500...

I finally spent my $500 VW goodwill money today! Yay! The original goodwill card expired in January. Wife called to request a reissue, prior to expiration. That replacement card landed in the mailbox five months later, expiring October. Boo-hoo, none of the cars needed tires. VW previously...
  2. PacCoastFwy923

Wrecked my car, part 2

Not necessarily the aesthetic condition, but the mechanical condition. I see a big puddle of coolant on the pavement. The agreement says it must "run under its own power" and true to this, many buyback reps (as reported on this forum) have required an extended engine run or even a drive for a...
  3. PacCoastFwy923

Help!!! What should I do?! (buyback vs fix)

You can decide to do nothing for another year. Come next summer, reevaluate. Maybe there'll be a suitable replacement car that you're not "settling" for. Maybe the payment from VW will get you into a no-miles or low-miles car for a monthly payment you're willing to put up with. Maybe your...
  4. PacCoastFwy923

Did the dealership tell me accurate buyback information???

I agree with your analysis of Option #3. I'd have done the same (and my frugal wife, too) if she didn't have such a disagreeable relationship with the Passat. Not that it was a bad car -- she bought the wrong car and didn't realize it until too late. But you're right. We bought the replacement...
  5. PacCoastFwy923

Any insight/guesses how much VW is charging dealers?

I found my 2015 Passat SE at the same dealership I originally purchased from, and where in February I returned it. https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?#listing=180523208 $22,000+ was the original purchase price, new, after $6k in VW...
  6. PacCoastFwy923

Did the dealership tell me accurate buyback information???

GoFaster is correct, and additionally, counsel lead attorney Elizabeth Cabraser addressed this exact concern in her Q&A session in March: http://jalopnik.com/ask-the-lead-dieselgate-plaintiffs-lawyer-anything-abou-1793506282
  7. PacCoastFwy923

Buyback Lessons Learned

I'm not going to look for the post because I'd never find it, but I recall one member doing just that, except that the dealership needed to hold the funds for a few days, as if VW's check wasn't going to clear. Of course, this was most likely a dealer specific policy. I seem to recall a story...
  8. PacCoastFwy923

What's the Chance of Seeing 2019 TDIs in a Year?

Hmmm, "Mexico but not North America... " I'd like to think the sales numbers are indicating a stronger than expected demand for TDIs in the US, which certainly surprised many of us (not so much the popularity, which we all knew was there, but the low price elasticity of the cars). So maybe VW...
  9. PacCoastFwy923

Dead battery advice

You can go to your local junkyard and probably pick up something for $25 or so.
  10. PacCoastFwy923

Dead battery advice

Except you could probably find a used battery for less cost than a jump pack.
  11. PacCoastFwy923

Goodwill Package Expiration

California's gift card expiration law doesn’t apply to free awards, loyalty, or promotional cards.
  12. PacCoastFwy923

Why I dont like the EPA and CA...

This article has nothing to do with the EPA, and everything to do with the state senate and the bill Gov. Brown supported. The head of CARB is even quoted saying she wants to do more. I agree, it makes zero sense as presented. But I don't think it detracts from the hard work CARB and EPA have...
  13. PacCoastFwy923

Buyback Snafu: Dealer Claims Fuel-Injection Pump Damaged By Bad Fuel

There's an attorney in Ohio who solicits for hpfp cases like yours. I'll let you search them out since I don't know them from Adam, but it may be worth a phone call. If you can threaten VWGOA with repair and legal fees, perhaps they'll flinch (or at least send your fuel to the lab). The dealer...
  14. PacCoastFwy923

VW Rejecting Non-Clean Titles?

Absolutely. This would be a good move just to ensure there are no kinks. Once you accept and return the offer letter, you can just sit on scheduling a buyback date until it's convenient for you.
  15. PacCoastFwy923

Buyback Snafu: Dealer Claims Fuel-Injection Pump Damaged By Bad Fuel

Something I'm not clear on is a "bad fuel" timeline. Sure, if there was gasoline or something non-usable in the tank, the engine would likely show effects immediately. However, if it's truly "bad diesel" that they're blaming it on, I expect this would have been run through the tank many moons...