Recent content by Oxkpaha

1. O

The Columbus Dispatch: "Diesel Cars get a new look"

Some corrections 1.) "Put it within range of hybrids at 40mpg on the highway". Correction...it get's well over 40mpg on the hwy. 2.) Cost of fuel issue. Correction --> A.) Cost of diesel is one issue and the markets will in all liklihood (check CNBC or the London Financial Times) bring diesel...
  2. O

Prospective Passat TDI owners speak: What WE want

I assume, and hope, we, Fred, is sending this poll data off to VWoNA marketing or someone similar who can get this data in the hands of the distro folks in Germany? They need to really know their market for Canada and the US. We are certainly their most fanatically loyal customers!!
  3. O

Water Pump

Most manufacturers build into their water pumps something known as a "weep" hole. It's a small hole at the base of the shaft of the water pump so that when the main bearing begins to fail fluid leaks past it and 'weeps' from the hole onto the ground. Due to belly pans and other reasons you may...
  4. O

PS Diesel Kleen, how much are you paying?

That's a really good price you got. Here in Southern Ohio I only know a single truck stop where I can get the grey bottle Cetane boost of 96oz for about $7.50 a bottle before tax. Walmart in this area sells it for about $10.
  5. O

Stinking Hog Waste = Biodiesel

I'm sorry..this just reminds me of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. We are a nation who is about to rely on corn oil and pig sh-t to circumvent the Middle East. However, if it keeps my air intake clean on my TDI...I'm all for it. :-)
  6. O

Diesel Tahoe?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes....there most certainly was a Tahoe version with a Turbo Diesel and it was using the 6.5L engine. Ironically..I've seen about four of these on the road or in parking lots and they always seem to be that sky blue colour. :-) Of course...
  7. O

2003/2004 VW Information (including Passat TDI)

[ January 23, 2003, 22:00: Message edited by: Oxkpaha ]