Recent content by Ovrhill

1. O

My new (to me) 2015 Golf SE TDI

Had the same package that was Night Blue on black. Really sweet car. I was just short tripping the car and decided to let it go to a better home. Still holds a place in my heart.
  2. O

Who uses a quickjack?

I've considered a quickjack. I use a floor jack to raise the car and jack stand to rest the car on. I always been unsure where the jack point should be on the front end to do this. There doesn't seem to be a good spot for the floor jack if you want to set your stand on the cars front jack point...
  3. O

Tranny swap suggestions

I have considered if a little overfill might be ok. I did a level fliud change a few months back. I might put it back up at a tilt and add some.
  4. O

Tranny swap suggestions

How concerning is the potential long term 5th gear oiling issues that I occasionally hear about with the 02J? I've seen that there is a mod for better lubrication but I've never known if it was worth the trouble.
  5. O

PD Camshaft/Torsion Issue After Timing Belt Replacement

I understand that there will be resistance. I guess that I should have described it as a "stop".
  6. O

When the belt was tightened the cam sprocket was in a retarded position. Not centered. I seem to be getting some resistance when hand turning the crank with the adjustment bolts re-centered. I think that I am probably off a few teeth on the cam sprocket somehow.
  7. O

I have replaced the timing belt on my BEW wagon and the camshaft or torsion position seems to have changed with the new belt in place. With the old belt on the torsion was just about zero. Now, with the new belt on, it is fully retarded to the point that the cam holding pin is difficult to...
  8. O

Gates Tensioner

Just bought a Gates timing belt for one of my BEWs and I didnt realize that the kit came with a Gates tensioner. I've always bought the Conti belt kit with the Litens tensioner. Can someone ease my mind before on the Gates tensioner before I install it? I do see that it is made, or at least...
  9. O

Prime XR/Plus Ceramic film tinting

Just had my 04 wagon done in Huper Optic Autobahn brand double layer ceramic. I think that 30% is the limit in Texas on the front glass. Rears and back are darker but not black out. Made a huge temp difference in mine as well.
  10. O

"Tandem Pump Worn Test" Question

So, this was the source of your issue? I am dealing with the same situation. Honestly, that would have been my last thought. Can you let us know how the diagnosis was made? Thanks.
  11. O

Rounded Hex

Tapped the hole and ran a M10 bolt down to counter the nut. It was still a bear. Had to cut into the nut, hit it with a chisle, and torch it before it finally broke loose. Thanks for all of the advise!
  12. O

Rounded Hex

That idea, if it were to work, would give me a way to reinstall the assembly as well. I'll be back on it this morning and will report back. Appreciate everyone's ideas.
  13. O

Rounded Hex

I'm still in the fight. It's no worse than most of the other designs that I have seen. They are all a lttle messed up.
  14. O

Rounded Hex

I haven't started thinking about that yet. Just know that I can't mess up the threads getting it apart.
  15. O

Rounded Hex

Good advise. I tried hammering a larger hex into the rounded hole. I just made the rounded hole larger in the end. I have not seem the pipe nipple extractors before. I'll explore that one.