Recent content by outoften

1. O

Fuel Injectors

After stripping all the exhaust parts off the car, it appears I have oil in the exhaust system. This could be from either of two issues, oil bypassing the rings or a worn seal in the turbo. Going to have the turbo bench tested to find out and rebuilt if needed
  2. O

DSG life span

Yes Kilometers. Have done the timing belt twice, changed out the EGR pump, Flywheel, Burnt up an exhaust tophat and replaced the cam and all fittings. Replacing injectors now. might have to do the EGR again or rebuild the turbo next.
  3. O

Fuel Injectors

Replaced the EGR cooler at 260k. Car runs great, getting 19 plus k per litre on the highway. No unordinary noise or travel issues. Occasionally it will stutter when first starting up when cold. Thought that might be tranny issue.
  4. O

DSG life span

I have 388,000 on my 2006 auto Jetta. Changed out the flywheel around 260,000km
  5. O

Fuel Injectors

My injectors are original, a sealed unit with no option to replace O rings. Looks like they have an option to that now but costs a lot for the core charge.
  6. O

Fuel Injectors

This is so confusing as the dealer mechanics say the only reason for black smoke is fuel leakage. There is some minor soot around the turbo. This could mean a leak somewhere in the exhaust system. They had a name for it but I forget. If the injectors are leaking, they will leak passed the...
  7. O

Fuel Injectors

That sounds very close to what is happening. I will go back to the dealer and talk to their Master Mechanic
  8. O

Fuel Injectors

It has been pushing black smoke for several months. The engine light came on for the MAF sensor, had that cleaned and the smoke cleared up for a week but is back again. Lots of smoke when starting off from a stop or when the turbo kicks in. Timing was off a hair and the throttle valve was stuck...
  9. O

Fuel Injectors

If the car wasn't in such great condition I would send it to a wrecker, but it is cheaper to fix than replace.
  10. O

Fuel Injectors

My 06 Jetta sedan diesel needs new injectors as they are all leaking according to the dealer. I have 387,000km's on my vehicle. I have used Stanedyne performance additive since new. Hope this has helped its longevity so far. I have a price quote from the dealer, but will have to wait 2 months...
  11. O

2006 Jetta Camshaft Replacement

My '06 Jetta has 340.000 km on it. 2 yrs ago at 285.000 km after replacing a MAF sensor twice, I blew a top hat in the exhaust valve. That was expensive. The dealer did all the work and no break in oil was used. Lesson here is to pay attention to the engine sensors. They replaced the cam, top...
  12. O

New Cam break-in procedure with ZDDP.

Popped an exhaust lifter thru the top hat last year after 280,000k. Dealer changed out all the lifters and the cam. Drove out the dealer door and 1800kms to work. Added 40,000k since and was given no special instructions by the dealer
  13. O

Trusted TDI Mechanics/Shops in the Vancouver (GVRD) Area

I am using Hansig Automotive on Russel in BBY. They have always been helpful and informative to all my questions. Slightly cheaper than a dealer, and the mechanics arefriendly and easy to talk to
  14. O

Still only 900km?! Suggestions needed

My 2006 Jetta TDI has 260000kms on it now. Best ever tank was 947km on 47 ltrs. Hwy driving in the summer at 120k + Only getting about 800 here in Vancouver this winter
  15. O

New 2014 Cars

I have 260000 kms on my 2006jetta desiel automatic. My best fuel milage has been 19km to a litre of fuel. presently getting about15km to a litre around town. Thinking about getting a chip to boost the power a little.