Recent content by ornjordan

1. O

Power/Mileage Loss; Cruise cant maintain speed

Oh and whats the ASV to check the intake?
  2. O

For me, the intake will actually be a lot easier, cause I wont have access to the VCDS again. I am in the process of moving and dont have time to drive there again. I think I will have to try the other stuff first and then maybe find a different way to check it in WA when I move there. Also...
  3. O

Electronic locking problems

Got it scanned today. Here are the results: 00929 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221) 27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent 00930 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Left (F222) 27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent 00931 -...
  4. O

UPDATE: Wonderful JSWTDI09 plugged into my car and we checked for faults; none. He also checked the timing, it was right where it should be. His suggestion is that with my car having about 140k miles on it that it may be the intake manifold needing to be cleaned. I forgot about jettawreck's...
  5. O

Electronic locking problems

Hey all, I have read several posts about the locks not working but I think my situation is a little different. For a few months now, my locks have slowly been working less and less. It started with the passengers rear door not unlocking/locking with the fob or when the car would accelerate and...
  6. O

First, he didnt not have the VCDS when he did the timing belt change. He did have the proper tools to keep all parts in place, but we didnt have access to the VCDS. Second, would my car still run alright if that was the problem? Cause it is still running and there is no smoke or weird...
  7. O

I started noticing an issue lately while driving on the freeway. Normally I dont have any trouble maintaining speeds of 80mph with the cruise control. Today when I started a long trip, it was not even able to maintain 75 on relatively flat roads. Previously, I had noticed some power...
  8. O

Star Screws - How can you get more?

This may be a stupid question...or if there are no stupid questions, then I may just be a stupid person. But is there a way to get more of those small screws that need a star bit to use? I recently had some work done and the guys didnt put the undercarriage cover back up all the way...
  9. O

03 Jetta Engine/Car Problems

So do I need to look into more than just the timing belt? Some of you seem to be talking about more like the water pump and such...what is needed and what can be done a little later and what is good to do if possible? (priorities is what I am looking for if possible)
  10. O

Thanks for the words....this is why I joined. So you experienced guys can keep me in check. Thanks again.
  11. O

Guru in Las Vegas area?

Anyone...Bueller....Bueller? :D
  12. O

I haven't done anything other than rotate the tires and change the oil. I have had it from 90k miles to 115k... And thats only been a year. My work is 35ish miles from my house.
  13. O

No I haven't. Any idea what that costs to get done?
  14. O

Climatic blower only works on high setting

My problem ended up being that the fan motor was going bad and was messing everything up. So after $500 and some I got it fixed and has been working fine for a few months. Wish I hadn't spent money on the resistor first. Thanks for all the help everyone.